ChompSMS or Handcent

Lawdawg75

Reaction score
What's the consensus out there? Which is better and why?

Sent from my DROIDX

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Handcent for me.

Never tried Chomp, but then again I've never needed any more than what Handcent offers.

The pop-up (if you wanna use it) is great. You can also customize the ever living snot out of Handcent should you decide you want to!

eebvending2

Reaction score
Same here,

Never tried Chomp. Tried Handcent and didn't feel the need to look any further. Massive customization and the popup is incredibly useful to me. I've had no problems with it at all.

P-Droid77

Reaction score
Don't think Chomp can send picture or video messages. Handcent is the way to go...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Handscent is amazing. I don't even think Chomp can do mms, if I'm not mistaken. I've also tried Go Sms and the UI was almost identical to Handscent, but it offered less customization.

Sent from my Droid

fuzzym

Reaction score
Yes, Chomp can do MMS. I prefer Chomp, personally, just liked it better than Handcent.

ckburks

Reaction score
Started getting a lot of missed texts on handcent.... loved it till then. Comp has worked so far.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I've been having an issue with Handcent sending blank messages when I am on wifi. O ther than that, Handcent for me.

timrock

Reaction score
i prefer handcent. i havent had any issues with it at all.

Jambanc

Reaction score
Never tried chomp or go didn't have a need 2 I have had handcent since my ogd over a year ago and love it wit all the customizing u can do and the popup! Thank u handcent!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App