Choice Dialer

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
OK, I downloaded Choice Dialer and it is nice to have the chance to confirm you selection before dialing BUT... Using a BT headset I can launch the dialer but get no audio confirmation in the ear piece such as "Speak Now" or "Say A Command" to let me know it is ready to accept my request. I need to actually look at the screen to know the application launched.
I went through all the settings and cannot find a way to get it to announce that it is ready through the ear piece. Once I speak a command it confirms through the ear piece fine.

Any one have any input on this?

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
So the plot thickens...

I purchased the paid version of Choice Dialer this morning @ 8:15AM and have yet to receive the update or unlock keys from the developer. It is now almost 7PM.
With the 24 hour trial period for paid apps does the trial start when you pay for the app or when you actually receive/install the upgrade?
I have upgraded to paid versions of several apps and never had to wait for the developer to send/allow the upgrade.

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Update...

I guess all app updates don't come across the same... I was able to download Choice Dialer + from the market. I came up that I had purchased it but I never got notification or knew that it would automatically. I must be stupid.

Anyway I just got a reply from Anthony and he is working on some type of audio prompt for the BT so as I told him I can wait for that. It will be nice to have a BT handsfree that works properly and doesn't dial out without confirmation.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bluetooth voice prompt is working fine for me on all FRG22 & FRG22D ROMs...... when I press my bluetooth, it says 'Speak Now'.

Brandonovich

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the main reason I rooted and installed a leaked version of Froyo was for the voice dialing, and it works fine for me, but not great. Get a Blueant headset and it is even better. It reads your texts to you and says the name of the person calling you.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, that is the main reason I rooted and installed a leaked version of Froyo was for the voice dialing, and it works fine for me, but not great. Get a Blueant headset and it is even better. It reads your texts to you and says the name of the person calling you.

DriveSafe.ly also reads incoming text to you via 'any' bluetooth headset...and it also says the name of the person sending the text as well.... great free app...and it works superbly.

Pueo

Reaction score
I use the BlueAnt Q2 and I to was disappointed that I was unable to know when the Choicedailer + app launched. No beeps, I had to do a visual on the Moto Droid 1. Could not make voice commands over the BT, and had to speak to the Droid mic. Uninstalled after the 24 hr period, thought I was doing something wrong and kept it too long, another app and $$$ down the tubes. Maybe the Verizon store idea will ensure quality or that at least the app performs as advertised.

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I use the BlueAnt Q2 and I to was disappointed that I was unable to know when the Choicedailer + app launched. No beeps, I had to do a visual on the Moto Droid 1. Could not make voice commands over the BT, and had to speak to the Droid mic. Uninstalled after the 24 hr period, thought I was doing something wrong and kept it too long, another app and $$$ down the tubes. Maybe the Verizon store idea will ensure quality or that at least the app performs as advertised.

The developer has assured me that he is working on getting start up prompts working. Probably a beep at first and possibly voice later.
Right now all I get is a vibrate alert when the app starts.

I am still not happy with the accuracy of the voice recognition over BT... I really have a hard time understanding why the in phone mic is 99% accurate but the BT is only about 1% accurate.

Pueo

Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed, will subscribe to this thread for updates and if fixed I will reload and give it one more shot. Thx