Choice Dialer or Voice Dialer HF?

MarkB

Reaction score
Anyone try these two and compare? Any recommendations, one over the other?

Sorry if I'm being a little selfish here, but since they're both paid apps and I really can't dedicate my weekend towards trying one and then the other (working, taking care of elderly mom), I just thought that maybe someone had been down that path already. So if anyone's tried them both and can compare? Or another similar recommendation that I don't know about?

It would help me a lot to have that sort of voice functionality. It's funny, but if I'm typing something on my phone, my mom freaks out. But she gets the idea when I'm talking to it, it's like she's sharing the experience with me more. So the more I can do with the phone by talking to it, the better.

Thanks,

Mark

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me, Choice Dialer has been the best experience. It works really really well, and can do a LOT with voice commands. (Choice Dialer) It has a hands-free mode as well as some interesting quick-start options - but you can tell your phone to do just about anything with it. I've used it in a quiet room and in my car, and so far, I'd say it has the best voice recognition out of all of the apps I've tried (including Voice Dialer HF and even Vlingo (iPhone)).

So, based on my experiences, I'm a strong vote for Choice Dialer.