Chip's Challenge

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Chip's Challenge, for the more retro challenged bunch, was a puzzle/action game that I believe ran on Java for Windows 95... is there any versions/clone of it avaliable yet on the Droid, or some sort of emulator to play such a game? Thanks.

Musturd

Reaction score
EDIT: Crap it's for DS.
Ignore what I had written previously.

Last edited:

grinch2000cs

Reaction score
Chip's Challenge was part of a package called The Best of Windows Entertainment Pack (BOWEP). You can find it here, it is located towards the bottom of the website. This is for the PC, maybe someone can convert it for the droid.

tweedz

Reaction score
very weird..I was thinking about it too... Would be nice to have on the droid

KuddlKat

Reaction score
I used to play that on my Atari Lynx. :) Still have it in the closet, I believe.

pcdude2143

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this too. I think the easiest thing would be to port Tile World, which is a Chip's Challenge clone for Linux. I may pursue this project myself.

linuxfed

Reaction score
I would like to see this as well. I have the rom for it if there were a lynx emu, but no such thing exists yet. If you have been fortunate enough to enable Flash on your device, you can play a reasonable facsimile here WebCC

pcdude2143

Reaction score
I recognize the levels in the screenshots! It looks like an exact clone of Chip's Challenge. Great job finding this!

linuxfed

Reaction score
Great Find!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroidI was using Gameboid with the Chips Advance game rom until now. Cant wait to try it!