Chinese google homepage

ahendric

Reaction score
Okay, I did a search and couldn't find anything on this, but since I got my droid, my homepage is google, only it is google chinese. It looks like the url is www.google.com/m?client=ms-android-verizon. Yes, I can click on the english version, but I shouldn't have to. Why would my phone default to chinese?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Andy H.

cj1896

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem except mine was in german. What is wrong is your location settings for your IP are screwed up in google's servers. Get myip off of the market and submit it, the domain (google.de was for german, not sure what the chinese one is) and where you need to be directed to and google will fix it in a couple days. It only took 4 days for them to fix mine. This seems like it has been a common problem.

Report Issue - Web Search Help

Hope this helps.

OP
ahendric

ahendric

Reaction score
It doesn't look like it is redirecting me. If I look at the url, it is still www.google.com. I am not certain what is going on.

Thanks,
Andy

OP
ahendric

ahendric

Reaction score
Just plugged the url from my droid into my desktop browser and it came up in Japanese, not Chinese, still doesn't come up correctly though.

Andy

cj1896

Reaction score
From the Link I posted

We'll investigate your report and, if necessary, pass the details on to our engineering team. Updates to IP addresses may take more than a month. We won't follow up with you individually but we'll do our best to resolve the issue.

Mine only took 4 days to update. So it could be tomorrow they fix it, it could be 30 days but it should get if you fill out that form correctly.