China and North Korea, where legal meets illegal and cellular bridges the gap

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I thought this was a very interesting set of circumstances worth some thought and discussion. Smuggled Chinese phones used in North Korea near the Chinese border to facilitate communication to the outside world from a deep dictatorship through a Communist regime culture. China in this case could just put up more towers along the border, point the antennas into Noth Korea and effectively circumvent their stranglehold on their population. There would be little that Noth Korea could do to prevent it.

Furthermore using smartphones, the North Koreans could access the (heavily censored), Internet gaining access to Chinese propaganda and to some extent the World Wide Web.

Thoughts?

http://qurl.org/g02

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The lesser of 2 evils? "my dictator sucks less than your dictator" comes to mind.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well that's for sure! But from my perspective BOTH dictators suck! I wouldn't want to be under any oppressive communist regime. I simply find it interesting how exclusive these dictatorships are. What's scary is how many times arch enemies may have common borders.