Chill out mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor2006

Reaction score
I think the mods here need to chill out. They are far too quick to close threads and bite people's heads off.

Perfect example: HTC sales manager tweets that it's out on the 17th!!! thread started by DroidlessX. This is a pretty major development in my eyes, and the link contained in the post is a high point of interest. I'd much prefer to see this on its own than having the guy redirected to a thread with 508 pages of garbage that I stopped looking at a long time ago.

Long story short, you guys need to chill out, period. I'm not the only one who feels this way, I'm certain.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess I can see both sides of it but I'm getting a little sick of seeing a hundred new threads about a phone that hasn't even been assigned a release date.

tappin and a talkin

OP
razor2006

razor2006

Reaction score
I guess I can see both sides of it but I'm getting a little sick of seeing a hundred new threads about a phone that hasn't even been assigned a release date.

As can I, and as am I, but the mods really need to just relax a bit IMO.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thats because there is a thread for release date and if i remember correctly, it specifically says not to use another thread concerning release date.

Im the opposite, i think sometimes they dont close threads fast enough. Some threads start out as legit threads then turn into troll fests and it takes 6 pages to finally get it closed.....

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. But dont try to tell the mods how to do their job. They have alot to check over, give them the credit they deserve for doing as well as they do.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
razor2006

razor2006

Reaction score
Thats because there is a thread for release date and if i remember correctly, it specifically says not to use another thread concerning release date.

Im the opposite, i think sometimes they dont close threads fast enough. Some threads start out as legit threads then turn into troll fests and it takes 6 pages to finally get it closed.....

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. But dont try to tell the mods how to do their job. They have alot to check over, give them the credit they deserve for doing as well as they do.

I completely disagree with you, but as you said thats your opinion. I've never been one to bow down to authority, so I suppose that has something to do with it.

Arachnidus

Reaction score
Agreed, OP. Mods, just chill out. Sometimes discussions get heated, you don't need to go on a lock/ban spree because of it. Honestly, the release discussion could've stayed. So what, a few guys were getting angry. This is a forum, it's to be expected.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow that's a little extreme. I've belonged on my fair share of forums and trust me, when the moderating staff is lax things dissolve very quickly. Not to mention there are guidelines of conduct on this site and their just enforcing the rules you agreed to.

tappin and a talkin

N

Nickchapa

agreed OP. mods are outta control. i opened a post asking what autorun managers are out there and they shut it down in 2 seconds and sent me to a page that only told me not to use one because im an idiot basically. and no where did it have a list of what ones are out there (what my post was about). and i got 30 day ban for saying fag (uh oh another 30 days probly). im surprised you arent banned for starting this thread haha.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder. I have had personal interactions with almost all of the moderating/administrative staff and have no complaints, not to mention that none of them fit your cubicle assumption. Like I said if you follow the rules there should be no problem. And if you don't follow the rules then there's no point in taking it personally when they enforce them.

tappin and a talkin

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Seems like once a week a member says how they dont like the mods, then they get banned. Some of the banned were helpful people too. I rem one mod saying they are best in the biz. I LOL.

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Except for the fact that there are already countless threads open about the release date of the thunderbolt.

tappin and a talkin

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
agreed OP. mods are outta control. i opened a post asking what autorun managers are out there and they shut it down in 2 seconds and sent me to a page that only told me not to use one because im an idiot basically. and no where did it have a list of what ones are out there (what my post was about). and i got 30 day ban for saying fag (uh oh another 30 days probly). im surprised you arent banned for starting this thread haha.

give it ten mor eminutes and they will probably ban all of us for participating in this conversation,,,it's ok you can make up another nick and be back in under ten minutes

Lol. I Absolutely concur.

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
come on guys show us some love : )

We are always open to constructive criticism gentlemen and while we are not perfect we do our best to make this the best possible forum for all of you. Some decisions will obviously not be favorable to everyone but do understand we always try to make the best decisions for the forums and it's members.

I'm not going to close this thread right now because you guys should have a voice because it is your forum but I cannot sit by and let you freely bash and name call the staff we have here. Please keep it civil and just respect one another including the staff.

We take all complaints/issues seriously and we do talk among ourselves about how to better serve everyone here.

So speak freely among yourselves but please refrain from being disrespectful to the staff. That will result in it being shut down.

We are all adults here and we value your opinions.

Thanks gentlemen!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great way to bring unnecessary attention to yourselves -

Xoomed In...

Status
Not open for further replies.