Chewing up data

ashdav2010

Reaction score
My bf just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a Droid Razr Maxx HD - and hates it already. He has used up almost 500mb of data since getting the phone 5 days ago....and was using it alot of the time he was here on my wifi network. He's stubborn and doesn't want to go back to Verizon to have them help out so I thought I'd go to the experts....TIA!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
To find out what is using data, go to the Settings app, then Data usage. There's options there to restrict data. Also, selecting the listed apps will bring up more options. But keep in mind, this is what the phone is reporting. The carrier may or may not show a different data usage.

Tapped from a Nexus

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go into Accounts & Sync and check what is syncing. By default all the Google related stuff will sync, causing lots of data usage. After unchecking all the things he doesn't want synced, check the sync schedules for what he does want synced. Example, I've got calendar , contacts and Gmail only checked, thus eliminating a whole lot of my data syncing that I don't want
Many apps that sync photos and what not can be checked to sync over WiFi only in their settings. That may also help alleviate unwanted data usage.
It should also give a noticeable increase in battery life as well.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

bigmatt503

Reaction score
Is 500mb a week that much? I average 2.5-3gb a month.. Maybe the excitement of the new phone has a little bit of to do with it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2