Chevy's next project

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by 561427, Nov 1, 2011.

1. 561427

561427 New Member

Does anyone know which phone Chevy will be playing with next? will he be working with the GNEX or the Moto RAZR? maybe htc Rezound? just curious where some of the DEVS are headed.
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Chevy has taken a leave of absence for family reasons so I doubt he will be doing anything android related for a while.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.
  3. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Coupled with the fact that he had over 6,500 downloads and only had 7 people donate anything to him.

If we do all give him a buck, I'm sure he would be able to put more time into Android.
    I'm going to go give him 3 right now.
  4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

No new devices coming up for me, at least anytime soon - as noted - I have some other issues I need to give priority to. I'm not disappearing completely, as can be seen by my posting this response ;) I WILL be back!
  5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Thank you for your support - it is MUCH appreciated :)
  6. metalspring

metalspring New Member

I will definitely try to get a donation in...your roms and kernels are almost always best on my d1. I might donate like anywhere from $1 up to like $20 or $30. Hopefully getting a new job soon so we'll see :)

Btw I hope you do end up getting one of the newer devices by like may or so when I get my upgrade. I couldn't imagine not having a good custom rom, especially with all the features yours has so if I can, at some point I will make a fairly decent donation (hows $40-$60 or even a bit more sound :D)
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  7. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

If Chevy creates a ROM for the Bionic I will certainly donate AGAIN!
    Chevy, take care of yourself first. We will survive.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  8. googlelover

googlelover New Member

I wish I could just buy 2 Nexus's and send one chevy's way with some cash so I can have the dev that brought my OG back from the grave back... Planning on donating when/if I ever get a job.
  9. droidaddict101

droidaddict101 New Member

I have been struggling to get by myself and shamefully haven't been been able to donate to anyone since I've had my d1. With that said I just got a decent job and once I can get myself established I will be making the rounds to all the devs who have made me fall in love with my d1. Expect a present for the holidays Chevy. Take care of yourself.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. gan777

gan777 New Member

Just sent a couple beers your way, cheers!
  11. nathan66669

nathan66669 New Member

Here's a 6pack on me bud. I'm up for renewal, and the though of dropping 1-200 bucks on a crappy phone without SS makes me cry. Let us know what your leaning towards when you do get started up again....just hope the old gal holds on till then (my OG droid). I'll pick whatever you do!
  12. trxdraxon

trxdraxon Guest

Yeah I don't know what I would do if I didn't have SS to run on my OG. If you do actually pick up a new phone and start programming for it Chevy most of us would love to know so we can stay with you. I was leaning towards the Bionic or Nexus but since 5.6 has been running amazing on my OG iv'e been holding off on upgrading, mostly cause money is tight but also because phones are coming out so fast I want to get one that is going to have some longevity with customzing ROMs, hacking etc.
  13. redoregon

redoregon Member

Gnex is a good phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  14. sinnerone

sinnerone New Member

I used to live close to where Chevy is now. Cell phones don't even work in my old town. 3g, 4g, lte "wtf is that?" you will hear from natives. DISH and Direct TV are the major upgrades there. Maine is a tough life.*
    With all the driving I had to do just to get to work and back never mind shopping. I can't imagine Chevy will have the time to spare. If so Kudos cause I couldn't that's for sure.... *At least he has a mild first winter. Peace bro hope all is well.
  15. trxdraxon

trxdraxon Guest

Bitter sweet day. After much debate and talking with the wife it looks like we will be jumping ship from big red, so my OG Droid will be retired. We are looking at MetroPCS and their unlimited plan will cut our verizon cost in half. Looking at getting the LG Esteem which is the highest end phone. Sucks I will be losing SS but it looks like their is a pretty good custom ROM community over at androidforums.com for the Esteem. So I might be selling my OG if anyone is interested in one. It's about a year and a half old, really good condition. Has a few dents around the edges but the screen is clean. Have the media dock and a case for it.
  16. kindness63

kindness63 New Member

donate to chevy

i am going to donate too i love his ss 5.6 take care everyone!