Chevy's Kernel

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ViciousCircle, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running Bugless Beast 1.1 and had Chevy's 1.2 and 1.25 kernels that I tried with it. But, both of them at various points seemed to freeze the phone when it was in it's sleep state. Only way to get out of it was to do a battery pull. I couldn't seem to figure out a way to duplicate the issue on demand though. Just seemed to happen randomly. Sometimes once a day, sometimes, like today, 3 times.

This is also being mentioned in the last several posts at alldroid.org in Pete's section of the forum for the BB1.1 ROM. Reports so far are that using AdamZ's ROM isn't causing the same issue. In each case, I was only OC'd to 800/250, with the sleep profile (and all other profiles as well) set to 550/250.

Anyone else seeing something similar or know of what might be causing this?

2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry, haven't made the jump to 1.1. Still running v1.0 but that's running Adam'z (Smoke glass) kernel, it is running great though. Pete has been doing a great job with updates but I've been hesitant in flashing too much primarily because of the bugs with the new kernels.

What is the sleep profile set to? Doesn't Chevy's let you go below 250 (to 125 or something)?

3. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had repeated reboots on every kernel Ive tried running BB1.1 ROM :( so sadly at the moment Im just running 1.1 unclocked.

4. ViciousCircle

Ratings:
    +0
    Sleep is set to 550/250. Had it to 125, but coming out of sleep when getting a call was a bit laggy as it ramped up. Set to 250, which is the default in the base ROM works great for me.

5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried Adamz's yet or no? wasn't sure by your post, sounded like you hadn't. Be interesting to see if that fixes it or if it's something else (program conflict(s) or something).

6. ViciousCircle

Ratings:
    +0
    I switched to adamz's kernel a few hours ago. I'll report back either way. And, yeah, I wasn't sure if it was a program conflict, so I removed or disabled anything that I thought might be causing it.

7. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm running the 1.1 as well with Chevys 1.25Ghz kernel and am having no problems. Don't know what to tell you.

8. johall07

johall07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    same......1000/250 for use

500/250 for all profiles

also just curious what do you have the cpu governor set to

9. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I play with it. 800 for when I'm out and about and 1000 when I'm home and playing around.

I may be misunderstanding the profiles. I've been setting the standby and sleep to 250/125, assuming that in those states, it doesn't need a bunch of CPU usage.

10. ViciousCircle

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at 800/250 and have all profiles set to 550/250. Governor is set to conservative.

11. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running Bugless Beast 1.1 with Adam Z's 1.0 Kernel at 1.1 GHZ. Other than crap battery life the phone is running great (about 15-16 hours total). I've had one freeze where I had to do a battery pull, but that's about it. I dont know if this affects phone performance but I'm also running the Smoked Glass V2 theme and some of the High Res Blue Metamporph theme put together by mjones1052 for some of the icons in the status bar.

For the first time since I started tinkering, I'm pretty happy with the setup. So obviously, I'll have to tear it apart and start over :biggrin:

12. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Recently added BB 0.75 with Matt's Guide - Droid is fast! Makes great HD videos. Important reason for doing this. Plan to shoot Artist videos on location on the spirit of the moment. Now I know this Droid can handle making decent videos

Link: Test videos off Droid - HD quality

A few times I've had notices saying certain programs either had to be FC or wait. I've done a few battery pulls as well. Tempted to goto BB 1.1. Might be worth it just to have the exp of changing roms.

13. johall07

johall07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that could be the problem i think the conservative option makes it so that it takes longer for the phone to get back to the regular setting. im pretty sure it said this could cause problems but idk where the thread is i'll see if i can find it

14. ViciousCircle

Ratings:
    +0
    I know that setting the min to 125 caused that issue, but I haven't had that issue at a min of 250. And, these settings worked prior to this kernel, it was just that kernel with BB1.1 that had this issue. However, I may have it figured out.

15. bacalao

bacalao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I set mine to performance;
    BB1.1 w/ chevy 1.2
    1200/600
    charging: 800/400
    This bad boy flies without a glitch. However it did start to get hot after I played with google earth for like half an hour. I wonder if the stock rom could do g earth justice..