1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ChevyNo1: ROM Request

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by audioman42, Aug 29, 2010.

1. audioman42

audioman42 New Member

I've been using SS for about a week and it's a great, fast (the fastest IMO), stable ROM, but I kinda miss my old stock FRG01B ROM that had awesome battery life and no bugs. The main reason I came to SS was because your ROM features the fixed Stagefright software that brings quality back to Pandora, and I really enjoy having listenable music again.

Could you produce a stock FRG01B ROM with the Stagefright fix built-in (and rooted, of course)? I'm not sure how long it takes to build a ROM, but I'm sure something simple like this wouldn't take long given how quickly you throw together your other ROMS and kernels. I doubt I'm the only one here who'd be willing to donate for your efforts ;)
  2. jbrtzfldr

jbrtzfldr New Member

There's a method floating around to disable Stagefright, which has very little impact other than fixing the audio problems. Your score in Quadrant will be lower, but that's only due to some sort of audio encoding thing. That seems like it would be your best bet for now though.
  3. audioman42

audioman42 New Member

That method improves the quality from horrible to bad.
  4. jbrtzfldr

jbrtzfldr New Member

When I had used it in the past, it worked perfectly fine for me. It might be a YMMV thing though. :(