ChevyNo1 Question for 'yea

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Kickbut101, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Kickbut101

Kickbut101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Did you apply the "OTA" patch to your SS 5.4 rom file that you now have on the 5.4 sticky thread? like are all the changes from that patch now implemented into an updated ROM file? because ever since trying to patch my phone its gone absolutely haywire, and I think it was something in the patch, but I would like to get back to 5.4 so I was wondering if indeed you did change the 5.4 thats up right now that maybe you would have a 5.4 ROM file that didn't have the patch implemented? if that made any sense at all...

GREAT ROM!! :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks!

The patch was NOT rolled into the main download - not sure why some of you have such issues with the patch, as it actually fixes an issue (mkdir is not found) ... however - to get back, install the main rom again and avoid the patch!
  3. Kickbut101

Kickbut101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks! will try to figure this whole thing out, just got a D3, so I'm basically trying to setup my D1 to be ready to go as backup or just a kickass piece of standalone hardware
  4. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My issue with patching (I've reinstalled this ROM twice now) was that it seems to have not successfully patched my ROM. I knew the file was still on my SD card so I opted not to download the file, and patch it manually. But going back to the menu for updates in Chevy Tools seems to think I need to update it again, so I've reapplied it multiple times to this current ROM until it it stopped finding updates.

I'm not sure if there is one specific way (Chevy Tools) to apply it, or if I am allowed to apply it myself while in the recovery. It wasn't a huge issue I guess, but it surely wasn't a pleasant experience to apply this patch for both installs. But it didn't break my phone! And that's what's important.
  5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am having a similar issue. I recently did a clean wipe and fresh really install of SS5.4. After that I flashed the kernal and than the patch. I than booted my phone back up. When I go in to Chevy tools it still prompts me to install the patch. I've just been ignoring it, my phone seems to be running smooth so I'm not messing with it.

Chevy, any way to disable the prompt to flash the patch or should I not bother worrying about it since SS5.5 is coming out soon ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah that is pretty much what happened to me. I will not say it didn't successfully patch or that it did, I didn't manually search for the edited or added file/folder that the patch seems to fix. But Chevy Tools does seem to think the patch is still required. I'm glad to see the issue has been replicated.. so we know it's fixable for future OTA updates anyway.

5.5 soon? I haven't heard. Looking forward to it though.
  7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, don't think anything has been announced yet, I'm just being hopeful.

8. rck76

rck76 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +38
    According to chevy on twitter, SS will be released for TB and D2, then D1, I guess we're not high priority anymore :(

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, but that's ok. I'm fine with waiting as I know he'll produce a great product. My concern for the future is that he'll support my next phone when I decide to finally upgrade. But so long as he's will to support the D1, I'm not sure ill ever upgrade.

If only he would work on SS for the Nook!

10. rck76

rck76 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +38
    +1