Chevy1 Kernels

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by crazytrain69, Jan 28, 2011.

1. crazytrain69

crazytrain69 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    OK I tried 1.2 ultra low voltage kernel and that didn't work on my D1. Everything was choppy, slow and just not working good and it rebooted on its on and stopped at the M. I got it into recoery flashed back to my backup and is working fine now. I'm running BB 6.2.1 and was wondering if any of chevy1's kernels that would work better than the 1.2 ultra low voltage? Just not sure which one to try!

2. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The rule is if it random reboots to either go down in speed or up in voltage. Index of /froyo/kernels3 set the governor to "interactive" it really works good. Remember BBV06.2 runs at 800MHz so if you were running good with that you might want to try a Medium voltage or standard voltage kernel at 1GHz. if that don't work, restore your original BBV06 with the 800MHz and have fun. For all intended purposes BB runs great with the kernel Pete makes it with. You can always open "spare parts" in your drawer and click on "window animations" and "transition animations" and select "fast" and make your phone seem faster.

3. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could try other kernels as well like slayher's or p3's. My old set wouldn't play nice with any of Chevy's unlike my replacement.

4. crazytrain69

crazytrain69 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Its not really a matter of speed i was just trying to save on battery life. That's why i was looking at the Lv/ULV kernel. I don't get bad battery life but i would like to improve it. I like this BB Rom runs real well on my droid.

5. RoyR80

RoyR80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which offers the highest voltage that chevy provides? Low or med voltage? I dont care about batt life. I want the power. ;-) dancedroid

6. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Medium voltage is the same as the standard voltage for Droid

7. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the LV kernels are the only other option other than Standard voltage. But there better ways to save battery life like turning off the background data under the Accounts & sync in the settings menu.

8. DaxxTrias

DaxxTrias Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is interactive really better than Ondemand, aside from PURELY performance reasons?

I remember an article on XDA in early 2010 that interactive performed better because it kept the clockspeeds towards the max a hell of a lot longer, even when idle, versus ondemand.

performance is awesome, but the majority of my phone usage is at work and I don't always like having it plugged into my work computer...

I guess my question is, is interactive 'smart' enough to keep itself downclocked when idle, such as screen turned off?

9. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Index 3 are nor interactive kernels

Sent from my Droid

10. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it's not about speed, then why are you looking for a 1.2 frequency kernel. You can get more low frequency options from the .8 frequency kernel, which are better for the battery life.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

11. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Another battery saver is to freeze apps that run in background which you only use rarely, titanium allows freezing. I use it on maps and a few others that I don't use on a regular basis.

12. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Titanium's freezing is the same as 'hiding' in my tools - although I have a set list of apps you can do this with