Chevy freezing on me

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by nonnasmyladie, Feb 28, 2011.

1. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

So I installed Chevy 7 slot medium voltage kernal 800mhz with simply stunning ROM

it was running fantastic for a couple hours then i put the phone down came back 20 mins later and it was frozen.

now it just keeps freezing about 30 seconds after booting everytime i boot it.

any suggestions?
  2. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

You might try another voltage kernel. The easiest fix is to mount SD while in recovery and copy the new kernel over and flash it. Pull the battery if it gets stuck in a loop until it cools down.
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Definitely sounds like a kernel issue - however if you can capture a logcat - that might help
  4. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

I love your ROM and it worked great for a little then just started getting really buggy and freezing up.

Should I try another kernal with your ROM? Someone told me to try a p3droid kernal with it.

I tried your Gingerbread ROM and that just got my phone stuck on the motorola logo screen.
  5. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

There's a free log collector app that collects and shares via email or whatever to make that easy.

Just try one of chevy's other voltage options, probably the medium voltage would work. Your phone may have an issue with the lv. Logcat if that doesn't work.
  6. DeadCheshireCat

DeadCheshireCat New Member

I tried the 1.0 lv that came with ss5.0 and had a bunch of problems. Switched to 1.25 medium and its clear sailing!