1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Chevy 1.0 LV Kernel worked fine yesterday, boot loops today. ???

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by dt_, Aug 7, 2010.

1. dt_

dt_ New Member

Hello!

I was using the ULV Chevy 1.0 GHz kernel for a while with no major problems, but my battery life wasn't quite where I wanted it to be, so I tried the 1.0 GHz LV (not ULV) kernel instead. It was totally fine yesterday, no problems. But today I picked up my phone and started using it, and it crashed and rebooted.
    Then it just got stuck in a boot loop.

Because I need my phone pretty stable today I just flashed the 800 MHz standard voltage P3Droid kernel for now, but I would like to go back to the Chevys because I think they make my phone produce less heat than P3's do.

Is there any reason that would cause this boot loop to randomly start happening? Did using LV kernels for too long damage the circuitry of my phone? :(

Thanks,
    dt :)
  2. dt_

dt_ New Member

Anyone? :/
  3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

So you went back to running the same kernel that comes in the ROM, and it was giving you issues?

I highly doubt anything was damaged - could be that one of the apps you have on your phone just BARELY managed to push the envelope for the kernel. I'm just guessing here, but that's all I can think of at this point ...