cherry rplayer as an alarm?

issues636

Reaction score
is there a way to get cherry rplayer to start streaming a station at a certain time in the day? i wanna use it to use WFAN as an alarm to wake up to, but i can't find a way to do it. are there any secrets or workarounds that i can somehow get it to work? like another app maybe to auto start this one? any ideas?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
That could come in handy! I searched the market for launch timer and found OI Countdown. The only problem would be making a link to the feed you're interested in so you can point OI countdown to it.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
At The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G I found this feed for WFAN:
http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WFANAMAAC.pls

You should then be able to point OI Countdown to that URL, or at least to a bookmark of that URL on your desktop. That should launch your default stream player.

I read some of the comments for OI Countdown and not everyone's happy with it. I don't know of anything better but you might want to search around the market for timer or alarm clock.

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
i'll definitely give that a shot. thanks for all the help. i'll let you know how it works. i just recently moved from Jersey down to Florida so it's not like i can just set my actual alarm clock radio to wake me up to it anymore because it's a new york sports station so we don't get it down here now.

motodroid34

Reaction score
is there a way to get cherry rplayer to start streaming a station at a certain time in the day? i wanna use it to use WFAN as an alarm to wake up to, but i can't find a way to do it. are there any secrets or workarounds that i can somehow get it to work? like another app maybe to auto start this one? any ideas?

The best way to doit is using Appalarm pro.

I use it with pandora as my alarm every morning.

U can choose what app you want to start at the time you want it to.