Last edited:
OP
eye_dea

eye_dea

Reaction score
Update:
Everything is working on stock.
Keeps root or is rooted by motofail.
Confirmed that you can FXZ back to 902 by timmy10shoes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update:
Everything is working on stock.
Keeps root or is rooted by motofail.
Confirmed that you can FXZ back to 902 by timmy10shoes.

Lol was going to post this but u got the jump on me I would recommend posting this in the general discussions section cuz hardly anyone looks that this part of the forum lol personal experience its also up on droid hive an not just on roots wiki

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

bill1253

Reaction score
I installed .904 and it seems to be running fine. I use safestrap and kept the stock rom(.902) as my unsafe rom so installing was quick and easy. I just disabled safestrap then booted in to stock recovery and the update went smooth. Kept root.
I re-enabled safestrap and got eclipse 2.2 as my safe rom. It is working fine also.

OP
eye_dea

eye_dea

Reaction score
I installed .904 and it seems to be running fine. I use safestrap and kept the stock rom(.902) as my unsafe rom so installing was quick and easy. I just disabled safestrap then booted in to stock recovery and the update went smooth. Kept root.
I re-enabled safestrap and got eclipse 2.2 as my safe rom. It is working fine also.

Were you forever rooted or did you use ota rootkeeper?
Any data issues on eclipse that you noticed?

bill1253

Reaction score
Were you forever rooted or did you use ota rootkeeper?
Any data issues on eclipse that you noticed?

I was forever rooted but I do got Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper installed (just in case).
No data issues on eclipse. I am in an area without 4G service but 3G is working fine.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Update successful using Droid Hive's stuff. Did lose root, and had to use moto fail to regain it.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I had to fxz to 902 in order to update to 904 because of google play books (?!) being uninstalled, but then I reinstalled it and still got the same errors.
Installed 904, rooted with motofail, then restored using TiBu and that caused a force-close loop in com.android.vending as a part of the Play Store. Uninstalled and sideloaded the play store and it still force closed... -_-
Fxz'd back to 902, updated to 904, rooted with motofail, and this time I just unchecked the Play Store in the TiBu batch restore. Everything works great! Little noticeable difference from 902 so far, except perhaps retrieving non-browser app data (youtube, weather channel, etc) seems a smidge faster. *shrug* I like it so far.

erickeel

Reaction score
It would appear that the webtop hack alone prevents me from updating. I was really hoping there was another way (adjusting a file here or there) other than having to fxz back to 902.

donfish06

Reaction score
I cant get safestrap to load. SU keeps denying permission and it wont let me change permission for it.. im lost?

EDIT: SU is denying ALL root apps. No prompt

Last edited:

donfish06

Reaction score
That did it, thanks! I didn't realize that I lost root. Its all loaded and fine, Im running AOKP SELFKAMG 4-12 and having same Data issues. At first it was connected solid, but once I started ran Juice Defender it lost data. You think there are any connections?

OP
eye_dea

eye_dea

Reaction score
Yup. JD probably turned off data.

kac8866

Reaction score
Quick question. Applied the 904 update. Superuser is still installed. Does this mean I still have root or do I need to run motofail again?