Check this out

OP
brendanstl

brendanstl

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, especially the guy that said he picked up a leather punch that would make circular cut outs. Doubt it looks as tacky as the pics make it out to be, and who really sees your keyboard, YOU? Its hidden 90% of the phones life.

+1 for this guy

Agreed about the leather punch stickys and I thought maybe this would give people on our forum some other ideas and maybe we could come up with a better solution.
better solution is quit griping like a premenstrual woman and use the damnn thing : )

Man up and practice...

leather punches and scraps of zagg I've seen it all lol

Need I repeat myself Cereal? I dont use the keyboard, thought it would be useful to those that have a problem with it. Thats what this site is for if I'm not mistaken.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Agreed about the leather punch stickys and I thought maybe this would give people on our forum some other ideas and maybe we could come up with a better solution.
better solution is quit griping like a premenstrual woman and use the damnn thing : )

Man up and practice...

Need I repeat myself Cereal? I dont use the keyboard, thought it would be useful to those that have a problem with it. Thats what this site is for if I'm not mistaken.
apologies...that statement was directed at the guy that modded not you.

I do understand you were posting in the interest of the forum members

OP
brendanstl

brendanstl

Reaction score

Man up and practice...

I do understand you were posting in the interest of the forum
members

Alright..... I'd just like to see some of the fabricating ideas that people come up with.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I do understand you were posting in the interest of the forum
members

Alright..... I'd just like to see some of the fabricating ideas that people come up with.

I don't see anything that needs modded....

Last edited:

vonfink13

Reaction score
i only use the keyboard..it took me about two days to get used to it..i gotta give it to that guy for his ingenuity...pretty clever...but it aint for me...i'm good with the keyboard it came with...

tktouch12

Reaction score
its a pretty good idea. it looks tacky, but no one sees it except when your're typing, so its not that big of a deal. if i dont like the keyboard, i will consider this. (i am fairly suprised that there is even that much room in between the keyboard and screen)

RosarioM

Reaction score
Coming from multiple blackberries (pretty much every version since the first half size one-anyone remember those?) I don't think the keyboard is that bad. In fact, when I looked a the demo unit at BB before the release and played with that fake keyboard, it was a lot worse than the real keyboard and I still felt I could get used to it.

What kills me is that the iPhone's keyboard was universally disliked when the phone first came out. Everyone said it was hard to type on the virtual keyboard, but everyone gave it a chance. With the Droid, it's like everyone wants to be down on it before they get a chance to get used to it. For God's sake, the thing has only been out a few weeks.

Also, if anyone thinks they can design a better keyboard than the many engineers at Motorola, then maybe you shouldn't buy a Moto product. I'm sure they saw the keyboard as a potential issue, but had their reasons why it had to be done this way..

One other thing, I saw a post from a guy who's del key started pealing off because he incorrectly installed a case. One of the tabs was bumping against the key. I don't think we should be messing with this thing. It's the thinnest smartphone with a keyboard... Just give it a rest already...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
lol that's a pretty ghetto fix. but i guess whatever works for the user