Check this out! ...

collinjm01

Reaction score
I just emailed the corporate office of Samsung, concerning the crap going around about why we have not got froyo. I recommend everyone do this! maybe if we get enough emails to them they'll change their minds! haha
(im a determined samsung owner! I want Froyo!)

heres what i said in my email...

"I just recently bought a Samsung Fascinate, knowing that Samsung as a company is great. After I got hands on with the Fascinate, i was very pleased and purchased your product. I noticed that most companys (Motorola, HTC...etc) have recieved the update code named Froyo (Android 2.2). I have heard many rumors being spread about your company charging Verizon and other carriers (in the US) fees for the Android 2.2 update. If this is true I, as a consumer of your products, am very disappointed. If this is true I will no longer recommend your products to my friends and family (Which i have previously to this rumor). Please let me and the rest of the Galaxy S owners know if or when we will be getting the Android 2.2 update. I am really considering using my other 2 year upgrade to get the Motorola Droid Bionic if the update does not come soon."

bluevolume

Reaction score
Well if that doesn't take care of it, I don't know what will!

lol

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is this mailed to a general email address or someone that is a higher up?

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
Idk it said corporate email and here is what i got back...

"Dear Michael,
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we are unable to speculate when/if this software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.
Should this become available, it will be posted on our website in the Samsung Download Center.
Also, once the update is available, you will be receiving a notification coming from your service provider so you can update you phone over-the-air.
Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.
Sincerely,
Technical Support
Benjo"

fishmstr

Reaction score
The entire BS about them charging for the update is just that pure BS. There is a link to the story in another thread. Some moron with a website posted something he made up and folks have taken it as gospel. When it is nothing more than something this guy made up.

OP
collinjm01

collinjm01

Reaction score
Dang thats crazy. Yeah since a galaxy S phone is getting it tomorrow. Hope the Fascinate is right behind it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

bluevolume

Reaction score
The entire BS about them charging for the update is just that pure BS. There is a link to the story in another thread. Some moron with a website posted something he made up and folks have taken it as gospel. When it is nothing more than something this guy made up.
Exactly right, and lets let this be a lesson learned. People will make up ANYTHING online, and even when they are trying to be honest they can just be passing on bad information.

For the "secret insider / robin hood employee" stuff, that is usually pure baloney too. Here's an example: The company I work for just announced that they are acquiring one of our biggest competitors; made national business news. Neither me, nor my supervisor, nor our Director new anything about it till that morning. Most people working at big companies have no idea whats going on there, but some of them love to use the name-drop to get people to listen to them.

Let's get back to enjoying our phones!

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate