Check out what this guy is doing

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by mummdaddy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. mummdaddy

mummdaddy New Member

Profiting off someone else's hard work. It's like selling mp3s you downloaded off of the pirate bay.
    Nook Color Rooted & Upgraded CM7 (7.0.3) Android tablet & B&N Case
  2. grinchy

grinchy New Member

i see rooted nooks for sale on ebay all the time...dont see what he is doing wrong actually....:icon_wink:
  3. catpaws

catpaws New Member

I sold a rooted and market-enabled Pandigital Novel on ebay, but I checked with the rom developer to get his ok first. It seemed like the right thing to do.
  4. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

He's charging people to install the rom on their tablets...if anyone should be doing that it's the developers. I'm sure this person was taught how to rom tablets as well
  5. ktklein72

ktklein72 Member

There are many people who either a) don't know how to root and maybe don't want to know how and b) people who may have the apptitude but for a multitude of reasons don't have the time to learn to root. The way I see it, so long as the charge is marketed as for labor only I don't see anything moreally wrong w/what the person is doing. It's really no different than if you ask me to upgrade your Windows XP PC to Windows 7 or take your PC to a tech store and have them do it. Obviously in my example the OS would need to be purchased by the end user and sold from an authorized body, but other than that it's really the same. Now if this person markets himself as selling the CM7 Android Hybrid OS then that's a toally different story and I agree that would be unethical. Until Google, Cyanogen or others have a formal service they offer to do this, there will always be some enterprising individuals who are looking to make a buck offering their services.
  6. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

It's not the selling of his Nook, it is the charging to put CM7 on people's Nooks that is wrong.
  7. nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers New Member

That's like saying Bill Gates should personally install Windows on my machine. If there was a charge to buy Cyanogenmod and he was pirating it then you'd have a point. This is no different then installing Linux for somebody. I'll gladly do that for you for a price. Or you can learn and do it yourself for free.
  8. Artimis

Artimis New Member

I don't see anything wrong with this. He is providing a service to people.

As stated before, there are some people that are just not technically inclined or don't want to take the time to learn. However, they want their tablet rooted and CM7 installed so they are willing to pay someone to do it for them.

Now if he was charging people to say download CM7 off his server or something (for them to install) that would be wrong. But in this case, he is just providing an "install service" for those that aren't tech savvy or don't want to bother with it.
  9. nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers New Member

How would that be wrong. Bandwidth cost money. Plenty of people host files on megafiles and other pay for servers. You either wait for the count down and get a slow download or PAY and get premium access with no delays and higher bandwidth.
  10. grinchy

grinchy New Member

agree 100% with ya :)

11. volando

volando New Member

What's wrong with you, people? He's providing a valuable service to not-so-tech-savvy customers and you throw up some moral outrage over this?

Next you'll complain about people charging to root/jailbreak devices...
Search tags for this page
cm7 pandigital
cyanogen pandigital

pandigital novel cm7

pandigital novel cyanogenmod