Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody else want to share their speeds?
I'm wondering if the phone is the limiting factor because i see other phones in other forums are showing much lower numbers and wonder is it their signal or phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

DancingRAZR

Reaction score
Ive gotten 40 once but usually around 17

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jeradsjunk

Reaction score
I've seen 37 and 39 a couple of times. Usually about 16.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I've gotten 32 and 35 a few times. I think its about what time of day you test. Less people using = higher speeds

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

WisconSIN68

Reaction score
I hit 40mbps the other day. Totally blew me away.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard rumors of speeds 60+mbps up around Richmond International Airport but haven't been up there to see if they are valid rumors or not. My EVDO numbers average under 100kbps at home,lte is averaging 10mbps. I'll take it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Fonzz

Reaction score
Those type of speed tests don't mean jack to me. I go by what I can download / upload at a sustained speed, meaning how fast on average my download speed is while I'm downloading (for keeps, not streaming) a multi gigabyte HD movie. The most I've seen is around 2.2 MB per second, about the same as my GF's cable connection. It varies alot and I'm hoping for more stability in the future. I've done those speed tests also, getting some big numbers, but those speeds cannot be maintained that's for sure. (I'm talking about paid wireless hotspotting to my laptop and I'm getting my money's worth for sure!)

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those type of speed tests don't mean jack to me. I go by what I can download / upload at a sustained speed, meaning how fast on average my download speed is while I'm downloading (for keeps, not streaming) a multi gigabyte HD movie. The most I've seen is around 2.2 MB per second, about the same as my GF's cable connection. It varies alot and I'm hoping for more stability in the future. I've done those speed tests also, getting some big numbers, but those speeds cannot be maintained that's for sure. (I'm talking about paid wireless hotspotting to my laptop and I'm getting my money's worth for sure!)

The photos posted were about average over a several hour period while in an area of Richmond and 3 days in a row at different times of the day. I posted the lowest and highest I got on that Friday.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

snowride20

Reaction score
I have had some decent speeds depending on where I am. My house is no more then 10mbps but right down the street I usually get 30+mbps.View attachment 45676

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Fonzz

Reaction score
The photos posted were about average over a several hour period while in an area of Richmond and 3 days in a row at different times of the day. I posted the lowest and highest I got on that Friday.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

My speed test right now:

21e126g.jpg

My movie downloads and uploads speed right now:
szdbva.jpg

I don't run the speed test app too much but I'm always looking at how fast my actual movie downloads and uploads are doing and I've NEVER seen a combined total over 2.2 MBPS

The "speedtest" doesn't download 8 gigabyte HD movies nor does it begin to convince me that I'm getting any useful speeds (sustainable) over 2.2 MBPS and still I'm quite happy with what I'm really getting.

wingdo

Reaction score
My speed test right now:

21e126g.jpg

My movie downloads and uploads speed right now:
szdbva.jpg

I don't run the speed test app too much but I'm always looking at how fast my actual movie downloads and uploads are doing and I've NEVER seen a combined total over 2.2 MBPS

The "speedtest" doesn't download 8 gigabyte HD movies nor does it begin to convince me that I'm getting any useful speeds (sustainable) over 2.2 MBPS and still I'm quite happy with what I'm really getting.

Don't confuse Mbps and MBps. In general file transfer rates are given in MBps (mega bytes per second) by the application, but speed tests test true throughput as measured by carriers which is in Mbps (Mega Bits per second). There are 10 bits per byte. So 2.2MBps is the same as 22Mbps.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Don't confuse Mbps and MBps. In general file transfer rates are given in MBps (mega bytes per second) by the application, but speed tests test true throughput as measured by carriers which is in Mbps (Mega Bits per second). There are 10 bits per byte. So 2.2MBps is the same as 22Mbps.

Actually it is 8 bits per byte. Otherwise you are absolutely correct. That's why all the ISPs like to advertise their speeds in Mbps instead of MBps, it looks faster. Then when you download something at only 150 KBps, u wonder what happened.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Also, when you download something, keep in mind that your speed is closer to the weakest connection. You might get a download to the limit of your speed from one site because they have a fast connection that isn't being taxed to heavily, and then get a very slow download from another. Most limit the transfer rate so that people dont tax the bandwidth. Hence the requirement of mirror sites that might be closer and/or faster.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.