Check for updates is not available at this time

MasterBlaster

Reaction score
I've been checking for updates ever since it was released. I've always got the message update not available this time. So I've been pulling the battery to correct the problem. Sometimes I would be able to check for updates on the first battery pull. Other times I would have to pull the battery several times and reboot to get it to work I'm glad you're able to get your phone to work. Maybe they will fix this problem in the next update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Psychlone

Reaction score
Can someone please re-up the .902 file? The Dropbox one from earlier in this thread doesn't exist anymore...

magicmaker

Reaction score
According to the file it says it is
5.5.893.XT875
Are you sure this is the correct file for updating to 902?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to the file it says it is
5.5.893.XT875
Are you sure this is the correct file for updating to 902?

Yes it is. The files are named for what the update is coming from, not where it's going to. A bit odd, but that means if you see a file and you don't have that number, then you'll know it won't install.

nnelzen

Reaction score
Still having same issue on wife's phone. "Check for update unavailable at this time" Called Verizon but I might as well be talking to a tree. Anyone else find another solution besides manual update?

JoDroid

Reaction score
Looking forward to the new update coming out (902) so I went to System Updates and I'm getting a 'Check for updates is not available at this time' message. Seems to have been that way for a few days at least. I'm stock, no root, nothing special. The only two things I could find when searching was a recommendation to change a sync over wifi setting (but that setting is fine) or to do a factory reset (which would be nice to avoid). Or am I still going to get the OTA update regardless?

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

This happened to me during the first update. I tried everything suggested... the battery pull, the wifi and nothing worked. I finally got tired of waiting, did a backup and then a factory reset, received the update right away, restored the backup and everything was fine. This last update .902 I did not have any problems with. My Bionic is working great. I know it's a real pain but I am glad I did the factory reset.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Had a friend with this issue. They turned off their phone...plugged it in for like 30min and when they turned it back on...well there was the update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nnelzen

Reaction score
This happened to me during the first update. I tried everything suggested... the battery pull, the wifi and nothing worked. I finally got tired of waiting, did a backup and then a factory reset, received the update right away, restored the backup and everything was fine. This last update .902 I did not have any problems with. My Bionic is working great. I know it's a real pain but I am glad I did the factory reset.

Whats the best way to back up her stuff if I do a factory reset? I never really considered it because I couldn't find a real back up program without being rooted at that time, but it's been a while.

JoDroid

Reaction score
Whats the best way to back up her stuff if I do a factory reset? I never really considered it because I couldn't find a real back up program without being rooted at that time, but it's been a while.

I used MyBackup from the market place. I am not rooted. It did not back up my ringtones however. I had to call Verizon and they credited my account to redownload the ringtones that I previously paid for. All my apps from the market place updated themselves afterwards.