Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later. PLEASE HELP!!!

morsey58

Reaction score
Does anyone know why i keep getting this message when i try to update my phone to gingerbread?

Please help!!!!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you rooted or on a custom rom (or were at anytime before?)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
M

morsey58

Reaction score
Excuse me for being a bit naive but i run through verizon 3g network. Is that what you're asking???

i really appreciate the help btw. thanks so much!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Excuse me for being a bit naive but i run through verizon 3g network. Is that what you're asking???

i really appreciate the help btw. thanks so much!

No, what is being asked is did you root your phone, do you have the super user icon in your apps? If you rooted are you running a custom rom like apex or liberty? If so that would be why you cannot update.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also if you had installed the bootstrap recovery app, that could be the reason. You say you were stock so there's no reason to explain how to remove that pesky but awesome app from your phone

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
M

morsey58

Reaction score
yeah, my phone is stock, and i dont have that bootstrap app.

To be honest, i really havent tweaked out my phone at all. Bascially a stock phone with a few apps from the android market.

hmmm. do you think i should bring it back and ask someone at the store where i bought it?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
They're just going to tell you to factory reset which you said try first anyway. You'll find better and more applicable answers on these forums than with any vz rep.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
M

morsey58

Reaction score
Yes, exactly.

Any other ideas??? I have a roomate with the same phone and we've been trying to troubleshoot this for the past week or so.

Nothing seems to be fixing the problem.

thx for the help!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you did any modding to the phone, you may not be able to get it. If a reset doesn't work, try a sbf if you want. After that, I don't know what to tell you

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

csimo

Reaction score
Shut the phone off and pull the battery for 30 seconds, then boot it up and check for the update. If you still get the "Try again later" message you're going to have to do a factory reset.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
May I ask a question? If you turn your phone off then remove the battery, how can its removal have an impact when the phone is already off? Or does this mean that if you pull the battery while the phone is still on it wont have technically lost power?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

csimo

Reaction score
May I ask a question? If you turn your phone off then remove the battery, how can its removal have an impact when the phone is already off? Or does this mean that if you pull the battery while the phone is still on it wont have technically lost power?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

When you turn your phone "off" it's not really off. The phone is still active in several ways. It's not the same as removing the battery (in other words don't think your phone is really turned off unless you pull the battery).

Never pull the battery while the phone is active unless you have no other choice.