Cheapest place to buy Droid battery?

metasin

Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying "Droid" replacement batteries from ebay. I saw that they had good feedback and figured it was 2 batteries for under $15 how could I go wrong? Well, you absolutely get what you pay for. They last less than half the time of the original. Almost completely worthless.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I just walked into the VZW store and complained about my battery life and the associate had one shipped "Next Day" to my house. dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying "Droid" replacement batteries from ebay. I saw that they had good feedback and figured it was 2 batteries for under $15 how could I go wrong? Well, you absolutely get what you pay for. They last less than half the time of the original. Almost completely worthless.

Since your posting under my post you should be aware that these are battery chargers I ordered, not batteries. And FWIW there is nothing wrong with the 8.00 batteries you get at Amazon.

Deals can be found. Good deals. Some get lucky, some don't.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Thanks. I just picked up two of these. Seller looks good, prices is very inexpensive. Will give it a shot.

I didn't buy it yet,but when you receive it can you post back on how good it is? :) Like if it gets really hot/charging time.

Hmmm I Told you guys...i guess i wont buy the eBay ones...I might go ahead and buy the Amazon ones and test them out for a while.

I just walked into the VZW store and complained about my battery life and the associate had one shipped "Next Day" to my house. dancedroid

:eek::eek: Did you get to keep the old one? Knowing my store...they will "Troubleshoot the problem" like suggesting things like "Deleting apps" "Turning down backlight" and stuff...and at the end,make me BUY a new one.Are you in your 30 Days?

alfredm

Reaction score
I just received the battery purchased through Amazon from Accessory One. If I read earlier post correctly I believe it is a fake.

It looks identical in every respect right down to the hologram and it is the exact same weight. Only place it varies is in the text on the front/back of the battery. The last word of 1st line is DE. There are other differences on the back label as well.

Oh well it was worth a try for 10 bucks I guess. Think it is safe to use for its likely short life or should I toss it?

Thanks,

Alfred

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
I just received the battery purchased through Amazon from Accessory One. If I read earlier post correctly I believe it is a fake.

It looks identical in every respect right down to the hologram and it is the exact same weight. Only place it varies is in the text on the front/back of the battery. The last word of 1st line is DE. There are other differences on the back label as well.

Oh well it was worth a try for 10 bucks I guess. Think it is safe to use for its likely short life or should I toss it?

Thanks,

Alfred

Yeah they can copy/make it identical its crazy,If you would like to help us,could you use that one instead of old one for a couple of days and see how good the charge holds?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Alright, not sure who all is still following this topic, but I purchased 2 of the "fake" hong kong batteries off of ebay to compare their battery life to the OEM battery

I will report back once i spend a couple days or so using it.
The phone powered up fine
I also got a desktop charger for the batteries

alfredm

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in my response. I have been on vacation and have not had a chance to test the battery over a "typical" day. For me that is medium use of the web/apps and quite a few calls through the day. I am doing that today but a few things I can say so far:

1. I have not noticed anything bad like excessive heat or smoke during charging or use.

2. My girlfriend popped the battery in her Droid and used it for a day and she did not complain. She is a heavy web and facebook user. I did this bc my Droid is OCed and I wanted to see how it faired in a stock phone.

I know these tests do not have any real "numbers" to them, I will get back in a few days with more. Going to make note of times and battery levels and will post. Any other stats I should collect?

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Reporting in on my earlier post, (keep in mind that i just took it out of box without charging first). when i started using the 1st "fake" battery, it turned on fine, it said it had 80%, however it quickly went down to 20%. I also had a few random restarts running Chevy's Simply Stunning 4.1 (Froyo) w/ Chevy's 1.0 Ghz low voltage.

However, when i popped back in my original OEM battery, i have not had any restarts whatsoever. So i'm assuming it was a problem with the battery

1. I'll try charging the battery for a few hours and then try it, and see if that helps anything

2. I'll try the 2nd battery that came with the order

Well for that price, what can u expect? You get what u pay for. I still have hope in these batteries since I need them for a trip coming up lol

dclutter1

Reaction score
Thats pretty nice...ill be picking this up Wall Charger FOR MOTOROLA DROID BP6X A855 CLIQ MB200 - eBay (item 270569724858 end time Jun-24-10 23:44:17 PDT) for now and when i stop being cheap ill get the Seidio one.

Thanks. I just picked up two of these. Seller looks good, prices is very inexpensive. Will give it a shot.

I bought 2 of these chargers from ebay and 2 of the oem batteries from The OEM Shop on amazon. The batteries work great, I don't think there was any question about that.

The chargers have also been working very well. I haven't noticed any heat or other adverse side effects yet.