Cheapest place to buy Droid battery?

rda990

Reaction score
Getting tired going out at night and my phone at 15% and dying 5 min later...I checked ebay but they are all those china knock offs...and yes it must be genuine.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score

Real? There are Chinese fakes that make you think they are 100% real :( oh wait..."Other products by Motorola" so it must be sold by them?=100% Genuine...wait..."In Stock. Sold by Angel Seller" :(

Don't use that link. Instead do a search for "Motorola Droid Battery." I found 2 listings, both for the one there and another for the same battery for $7.78 at Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

Why there are 2 listings for the same battery is beyond me. Also, the price seems to be going up. The first time I checked it was $5.26 each.

Thanks ill give it some searches.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Don't use that link. Instead do a search for "Motorola Droid Battery." I found 2 listings, both for the one there and another for the same battery for $7.78 at Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Service

Why there are 2 listings for the same battery is beyond me. Also, the price seems to be going up. The first time I checked it was $5.26 each.

After reading reviews,they both are supposedly "Genuine" ,so the link you gave me is cheaper so i think ill be taking two. But that company (AcessoryOne) has 90% overall feedback,but the negatives was for something else.Now ill just need a WALL charged to charge these and ill be set.

And for the two listings,that is weird...but i think because one describes it as a DROID phone battery and the other as just the battery alone...since it also works with the Moto Cliq...just a guess.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I bought my spare Droid battery on Amazon for UNDER $7 from the seller "THE OEM SHOP" and even left them 5 star feedback!

I received it a few days earlier than their estimated delivery time (which was about 5 days from my purchase.

So far I can't find a single thing wrong with the battery. I have used it for about 2 weeks now, switching it with my original battery maybe every couple of days.

The only thing I can find different about the battery is a single serial number on the battery, but I believe each battery has a unique serial number anyways!

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Now ill just need a WALL charged to charge these and ill be set.

Seidio sells one that gives you the ability to charge a battery while the phone is away or to charge the separate battery and the one in the phone at the same time. You can see it at Seidio - Your Single Source for Premium Smartphone Accessories

Thats pretty nice...ill be picking this up Wall Charger FOR MOTOROLA DROID BP6X A855 CLIQ MB200 - eBay (item 270569724858 end time Jun-24-10 23:44:17 PDT) for now and when i stop being cheap ill get the Seidio one.

royta

Reaction score
Getting tired going out at night and my phone at 15% and dying 5 min later...I checked ebay but they are all those china knock offs...and yes it must be genuine.

What's the difference between a "china knock off" and the genuine article that sells for under $10 and says "Cell Origin China Finished in China"?

The second link says the battery is a 1300 mAh, but my battery is a 1390 mAh. Hardly noticeable, but why go down?

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score

What's the difference between a "china knock off" and the genuine article that sells for under $10 and says "Cell Origin China Finished in China"?

The second link says the battery is a 1300 mAh, but my battery is a 1390 mAh. Hardly noticeable, but why go down?

For one,it has HALF the charge as the battery you probably have on your phone right now.After like 2 weeks the battery will die faster and faster,you might even get one that starts smoking/burning.Don't buy charger/batteries from china unless you know they are 100% real. I just bought a Dell charger on ebay,came from china,2nd day I had it started making noise,then a burning smell came out of it.It looked completly real but obviously wasn't.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
best place is ebay. The trick is to do a search for BP6X. I got one about a month ago for $10 shipped from a US merchant. It was 100% OEM Moto battery.

BP6X items - Get great deals on Cell Phones PDAs, Computers Networking items on eBay.com!

Those are 100% fake...they come from Hong Kong and cost 4$ impossible that they are real,and if you look at the picture on the Amazon and eBay links,they are all fake :( open your battery cover and read the last word "Bateria" on all these links the picture says "de" as the last word...those are fake and not genuine.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Batteries from Hong Kong, why're they so bad?

best place is ebay. The trick is to do a search for BP6X. I got one about a month ago for $10 shipped from a US merchant. It was 100% OEM Moto battery.

BP6X items - Get great deals on Cell Phones PDAs, Computers Networking items on eBay.com!
Those are 100% fake...they come from Hong Kong and cost 4$ impossible that they are real,and if you look at the picture on the Amazon and eBay links,they are all fake :( open your battery cover and read the last word "Bateria" on all these links the picture says "de" as the last word...those are fake and not genuine.

one question about these fake batteries from Hong Kong; even though they aren't OEM, do they still hold a charge and do what they're purpose is? What exactly is so bad about these batteries?

I understand that since they're OEM they're performance may not live up to the stock battery, but do they still hold a charge?

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Those are 100% fake...they come from Hong Kong and cost 4$ impossible that they are real,and if you look at the picture on the Amazon and eBay links,t

one question about these fake batteries from Hong Kong; even though they aren't OEM, do they still hold a charge and do what they're purpose is? What exactly is so bad about these batteries?

I understand that since they're OEM they're performance may not live up to the stock battery, but do they still hold a charge?

Very good point,I will be buying probably that one or one similiar that is around 4$ and compare/test and post results.If anyone has any ideas on how I can test other than counting hours it lasts (use would make the test not fair) can post up how to do it.I'm sure it will be half than OEM battery or even hold up to an OEM battery at first,but die slowly as weeks pass.Who knows,my phone might even explode.I will be buying it later today.