Cheapest and reliable place to buy quick replacement smartphone? (verizon)

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
I've just lost my phone two days ago and today I suspended my phone so it can no longer be activated by any thieves. My update isn't due for another 7 months and to keep my unlimited 3G plan, I need to activate using another smartphone (or that's what verizon told me). Does anyone know where I can buy used smartphone cheaply? I don't really care for performance or appearance at the moment.

OP
D

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Should I be worried at all about getting bad ESN on this website?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for Swappa

Another place is Craigslist, but be careful when buying from there. Recommend you meet at a Verizon store so they can check the ESN before any transaction is made.

OP
D

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
So there's no need to worry about bad ESN on Swappa? worst thing I can think of is buying the phone and not being able to activate it.
+1 for Swappa

Another place is Craigslist, but be careful when buying from there. Recommend you meet at a Verizon store so they can check the ESN before any transaction is made.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Husband told me that VZW has a link within their website which allows you to buy used reliable emergency replacements. Some of the older models are actually free. Think that those are strictly talk and text phones tho. These are not the Certified Like New phone program, which bumps you to a new contract. These used phones won't effect current contract plan. Be aware....you are only allowed to purchase one per year. This is to eliminate getting cheap phones all month long...then selling on Craigslist or eBay.
Will try to post the link tomorrow.....check back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So there's no need to worry about bad ESN on Swappa? worst thing I can think of is buying the phone and not being able to activate it.
I don't remember 100%, but when I sold my phone through swappa it asked for an esn number I believe. Mine was clean so I had no worries regarding that, but as far as I know all the phones on Swappa are clean esn or at least the seller agrees that the phone has a clean esn, if Verizon says otherwise then you'll win any case if they refuse to offer a refund.

Last edited:

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Just found out from Husband...buying these phones I mentioned in a previous post does effect your contract. If still interested I'll post the link.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Scimino

Reaction score
I dont understand why suspending a line will effect your unlimted plan.... i had my line suspended for like 5 months. Then in february i bought this bionic on craigslist. However i am on a plan with 3 other lines. I would just find u a good 4g phone and abuse the hell out of that unlimited data like i do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC