1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Chat Invitation?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Batman8, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Batman8

Batman8 Member

I'm just curious about this one. Have any of you ever received something on your phones called a "Chat Invitation" from someone? I received this "invitation" this morning in my notification bar, and it asked me to either accept, deny, or block the request. Since I thought it was from someone that I possibly knew, I hit "accept" but then never saw anything more after that.

Now I'm wondering if this could have been some kind of scam or hack to capture/steal information from my phone! Does anyone know what this is about or even what application this "chat" is associated with? I'm thinking that I'd now like to go back and "block" it but have no idea where to start.

Please let me know if you can shed some light on this situation.

Thanks.
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Sounds like a talk request. Check the talk app and see if anyone's in there you don't know or any open chats.

sent from my ICS flavored Touchpad
  3. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

+1 to this... Sounds like a gTalk request...

~it's not just a phone~
  4. Batman8

Batman8 Member

Yep. That's exactly what it was. I saw the person that sent me the initial message, and each time I sent them one asking "who are you" they would reply by saying things like "I'm bored" or "let's talk" but they wouldn't answer the question and tell who they were. Now I want to block them for good, but they suddenly disappeared from my list.

Any ideas on how to block this person when they don't show up in your list anymore? Also, how are these "chats" paid for? Are they the same as text messages and billed the same or are they free (which I doubt)?

By the way, THANKS SO MUCH to each of you for your quick response. It now puts my mind at ease a bit to not feel like it was a hacker who has gotten access to some of my personal info...it just now seems like some lonely idiot who's scared to give his/her own name.

Thanks Again All. You guys are the BEST!
  5. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Not sure how to block them. But its billed as data. So if you have unlimited there's no worries. I doubt its a hacker though.

sent from my ICS flavored Touchpad
  6. Batman8

Batman8 Member

Thanks again for the reply. I'm glad to know that it is at least not costing me anything since I have an unlimited data plan.
Search tags for this page
android invited you to chat

chat requests on my android phone

has invited you to a chat
how do i block a chat invitation android
how do i see who invited me to chat
i gpt an invintatation to chat on my note 2
i just got a chat request on my phone
i received a random talk invite on my android phone
invited you to chat android
keep getting chat invites on my phone
s3 invited you for a chat