Charter.net email issues

ejuliano

Reaction score
I have been searching for DAYS and trying every combonation of incomming and outgoing, no SSL, SSL, ports etc and nothing ever worked. As always Charter said it was an issue with Verizon and when I spoke to Verizons "tech" people the guy said, and I quote "Man look, I have a Droid X2 and Charter for an ISP and the default settings the phone finds will work, they do on mine". Thats a load of CRAP!!!

I'm going through the same thing. I haven't tried contacting Charter or Verizon though. Did you ever get it figured out???

kap0ne

Reaction score
I'm going through the same thing. I haven't tried contacting Charter or Verizon though. Did you ever get it figured out???

What I ended up having to do was download K9 Mail app from the Android Marketplace. Once it installed it "auto configed" my settings and works fine. I try to put the same incoming, outgoing links, ports and options in the stock email app it's a no go. I wondered if it was an Android bug so I went on my Toshiba THRiVE (I know it's a different Android OS) and the stock email app worked great. K9 works but you don't have near the options as far as text colors, fonts etc as you do with the stock app and although it's barley noticable, it does drain my battery a little quicker. Since I went with the extended life battery it's not a problem for me but may be for those on a stock battery.
Sorry I don't haves better news, but K9 for now will work.
K. A. P. 0. N. E

lchristo522

Reaction score
Did K9 and now Outlook Won't Receive Charter Mail on my Computer

What I ended up having to do was download K9 Mail app from the Android Marketplace. Once it installed it "auto configed" my settings and works fine. I try to put the same incoming, outgoing links, ports and options in the stock email app it's a no go. I wondered if it was an Android bug so I went on my Toshiba THRiVE (I know it's a different Android OS) and the stock email app worked great. K9 works but you don't have near the options as far as text colors, fonts etc as you do with the stock app and although it's barley noticable, it does drain my battery a little quicker. Since I went with the extended life battery it's not a problem for me but may be for those on a stock battery.
Sorry I don't haves better news, but K9 for now will work.
K. A. P. 0. N. E

I downloaded K9 and installed it and as with KAPONE I was able to receive my Charter email on my phone through K9 HOWEVER, now I can't receive or send email through Outlook on my computer. I tried to call Charter and they said tough luck basically - GOTTA LOVE CHARTER - NOT. Anyone figure this out yet?

DaveTheSeries

Reaction score
I have a friend who was having the "can not send email, but can receive emails" problems with both her phone Sprint Galaxy S phone and setting up Outlook to connect to her Charter email account. In doing the investigation for the Outlook setup I ran across this error message. “Server Response: ’571 imp09 smtp.charter.net You must connectfrom Charter IP space.”This lead me to believe that Charter does not allow people not using their internet service to connect to their SMTP server. To fix the issue on her computer I set it to use a different SMPT server (in her case Comcast since she uses Comcast here as her ISP) with her Comcast credentials for the Outgoing SMTP server and the incoming server and all other info set to the Charter account. Took a bit of time at first to get all settled, but now it works like a charm.

I then applied the same solution to her mobile account with ONLY substituting the Comcast SMTP info in the phone's configuration for the Outgoing server and now it works too. And yes your email still looks like it's coming from the Charter account and all replies will be sent to the Charter account, not the Comcast one.

For information sake I used the configuration info found here to set up her phone + my Comcast Outgoing server substitution.
Mobile Email Settings - Charter Communications
Incoming Server
  • Server Name: mobile.charter.net
  • Port: 993
  • Security Type: SSL
I hope this helps!
-Dave

jim2001

Reaction score
Could use some help if anyone has the answers - God knows Charter tech support doesn't! I've got the email configured on the Droid and everything appears to be working fine - except, Outlook on my desktop gives an error message when attempting to receive, saying,
Task 'pop.charter.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210E) : 'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.'

I have a Droid X and my wife has a Droid 3. We have the same problem with our Outlook reading emails from Charter. BUT if we turn our droids OFF 15 minutes before trying to use Outlook to read our charter emails, it works. I use a laptop with Windows 7 and she uses a desk top with XP on it.

I have not tried making sure I always exit with the escape key instead of the menu key that someone suggested. I am going to try that tonight.

scubayard

Reaction score
As a quick fix, you can simply turn your phone off, wait 5 minutes and then you will start to receive messages.

dtracy10

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I figured this out. Setup your droid device with a Pop account and not SSL.

Incoming server = mail.charter.net
Security = none
Incoming Port = 110

Outgoing server = smtp.charter.net
Security = none
Outgoing Port = 25

This works perfectly for me.