Charm? Has it always been there?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I'm correct, it's an accessory in which you plug into your phone and gives a light show when you get a notification. I'm just wondering how it got there! I have no clue!

Correct on the notification charm.
The menu on my daughters Ryme, which came with a charm as a selling feature,looks exactly like yours.
My stock, non rooted Rezound doesn't have the charm option in the menu.
I have an app called airpushpermanentoptout, free on the market, which blocks air push so if air push did it that would explain why I don't have the menu setting.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

andeejo

Reaction score
The rezound has the option to use the charm from the htc rhyme. It is the only other phone other than the rhyme that is compatible with it. I plugged one into my rezound at a Verizon store to check it out and that charm option in settings showed up. I have since gone through a factory reset so it is no longer there.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
andeejo said:
The rezound has the option to use the charm from the htc rhyme. It is the only other phone other than the rhyme that is compatible with it. I plugged one into my rezound at a Verizon store to check it out and that charm option in settings showed up. I have since gone through a factory reset so it is no longer there.

Makes sense. Yet, how the [Insert a very creative word here] did I get it?!

donnelly326

Reaction score
Makes sense. Yet, how the [Insert a very creative word here] did I get it?!

Sounds like its triggered in the headset jack so if you use a wired headset there may have been a miss-connection that tricked the phone into thinking you were using a charm thus the option appeared in settings

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
donnelly326 said:
Sounds like its triggered in the headset jack so if you use a wired headset there may have been a miss-connection that tricked the phone into thinking you were using a charm thus the option appeared in settings

Very good possibility... I guess the mystery is solved! Still weird though ha.

stang64

Reaction score
It showed up on mine after the last software update.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
I have it. Don't know how long. I never got the last software update - still on 1.02.605.6 - it isn't listed in all apps, let alone downloaded....