Charging the Droid at night.

josh

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why do you want to turn it off? The phone should easily charge to full over night while powered on.

BzB

Reaction score
never turn my phone off either. if you need to silence all notifications hit down on the volume button until the screen shows ringer volume with an X next to it. if you're on a plan just hold the power button and then select airplane mode.

gcs8

Reaction score
my poor black jack never was turned off unless i dropped it. at witch point it flys in to its 3 main peaces. i also never deleted a text for 2 years on it.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
shaking my head glad it isnt only me,

im starting not to like this phone

my 30 days will be up before the phone OTA fix comes
I've been putting mine on airplane mode at night when I charge it...that seems to work just fine, and I have used it as an alarm a few times and this has not let me down.

iunknown

Reaction score
Didn't realize this optioin at first. Press the top right button. Then you get the unlock button and volume slider. If you slide the volume to the left to "x" then not only does it turn off the volume but also the screen and vibration. So if you do get calls at night, they don't wake you up. But the alarm still works.
You can also use the volume to turn the volume all the way down, but the phone will still vibrate if you have that set on.

jlileikis

Reaction score
I'd like to have my phone off while charging so I can charge it for 24 hours the 1st 3x charging the phone.

Since it won't stay turned off while plugged in, I can't do that.

Zennmaster

Reaction score
I'd like to have my phone off while charging so I can charge it for 24 hours the 1st 3x charging the phone.

Can't seem to find my quick start guide at the moment, but I seem to recall it saying specifically that the phone will turn itself on while charging. For whatever reason, this sounds like something that was intentional.

Honestly, it sounds to me like kind of a weird thing to be upset about.

jlileikis

Reaction score

Can't seem to find my quick start guide at the moment, but I seem to recall it saying specifically that the phone will turn itself on while charging. For whatever reason, this sounds like something that was intentional.

Honestly, it sounds to me like kind of a weird thing to be upset about.

I'm not upset about it. I would just like the option.

MAzing87

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know this was such an issue for some people that they would return their phones?

I remember vividly in the manual it said, please note: The phone stays on while charging. So this isn't a big deal.

kastj

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your post but do you guys know if leaving the phone to charge all night affects the battery somehow? I had heard that if you "overcharged" the battery it would be less efficient.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your post but do you guys know if leaving the phone to charge all night affects the battery somehow? I had heard that if you "overcharged" the battery it would be less efficient.

no no no no no.

These batteries do better if charged as often as possible. They are smart enough to stop charging(watch the battery indicator when charging) as to not keep charging when full.

kastj

Reaction score
Thanks medic, that will save me alot of hassle.

MotorDroid

Reaction score
no no no no no.

These batteries do better if charged as often as possible. They are smart enough to stop charging(watch the battery indicator when charging) as to not keep charging when full.

yeah I was going to say this, what is the point in charging for 24 hours when it turns the charge off after it is fully charged.