Charging stops

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by legalkill, Apr 19, 2010.

1. legalkill

legalkill Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I noticed recently that I have it on charger at home on a wall charger from a LG phone and at office in Media dock connected via USB, after it hits the 100% charge and stops that it does not keep 100%. It will then stop charging and not start chaging again even if the % dips below the 100%. Effectively once it reaches 100% it will go back down and not start charging again even if left on charger. Is this a 2.1 bug?

2. smrivera80

smrivera80 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't heard this type of problem as being related to 2.1, but I have to ask, why are you using an LG charger on your Droid? That may be at the heart of the problem.

3. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im using my old enV touch charger and not having any problem. i didnt want to get behind the furniture to switch a cable thats identical to the one already plugged in.

4. legalkill

legalkill Member

Ratings:
    +14
    It happens on both lg and motorola media dock so its not the chargers and this just started post update. It will charge to 100% and then after it sits at 100% it will start draining and not continue charging. I know the battery/charging system has the stop charge on full, but it does not seem to be kicking back in on mine all the time.

UPDATE - OK I think i found my issue. I think for the AC adapter in my house maybe a bad connection. The media dock was plugged into a monitor usb port. When the screen went blank in power save i think the USB powered off but when it came back up the droid didn't recognize the power. I switched the USB to on on my desktop and am trying it. I just got alarmed one morning when i wasn't at 100% when plugged in, then i became neurotic about the changes and noticed problem pattern at work on the monitor becasue i was constantly looking at it. I have noticed it in the car too on the car mount but i think that is just a loose connection to because of the tension from the cord hanging down pulling on it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
Search tags for this page

android phone stops charging

android start to charge and then stops

android stops charging

do droid razr stop charging

droid quit charging

galaxy 3phone starts charging then stops

motorola droid phone stops charging

thinkpad edge charging starts and stops