Charging Solutions

flyingfischer5

Reaction score
Anyone know of any charging solutions that WORK for the Motorola Droid? I just got the Zagg Sparq in the mail yesterday and it does not work. Not sure why. All the specs look the same for the output power, and i am using the oem cable.

And i also have the Callpod Fueltank Duo and that also does not work. But here is the thing with this one. When i plug it in, it reconized there was a usb pluged in but still does not charge.

Any help would be great! Thanks

speckit

Reaction score
i bought it too and it works sometimes but not always.

Guchi

Reaction score
hmmm.... i just bought one that should be here in a few days. im feeling a little disapointed:( i did read in another....
I got mine last week. It's pretty good. Gotta figure out how to get my PSP Go to charge off it (I might have to set it to USB mode), but it charges my phone FAST!!!

The only issue is that for some reason, the initial plug in doesn't charge the phone, I have to unplug the USB side and then replug it in for it to work, kinda weird and annoying, but I can live with it

I spend a lot of time on the road, and I wind up playing with my phone when I'm having lunch alone sometimes. This thing makes sure that my phone is charged all the time!!!

speckit

Reaction score
I messed around with it a little it won't charge my droid and my palm at the same time just unplug and plug it back in then press the button to turn on the LED lights and it should work fine

JoeC

Reaction score
Zagg Sparq works with the Droid

i bought it too and it works sometimes but not always.

I have been using the sparq on my droid. So far no problems. What is happening with yours?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I also ordered a Zagg Sparq yesterday. I just noticed that it doesn't even have a 1 day warranty. The shields and audio products have a warranty, but the Sparq has NO warranty. At least that is the impression that I get from the invoice.

Also, Zagg gets pretty poor ratings on resellerratings.com.

ZAGG / shieldzone.com - zagg.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

I hope this wasn't a total mistake to order from them.

jsprings

Reaction score
This is intended for MrBaz above.

If your rude response was to my post about the Keningston charger, please note that the subject of this thread is 'Charging Solutions', not 'Solar Charging Solutions'.

I offered an alternative which works for me.

Forgive me if I offended you.

MrBaz

Reaction score
This is intended for MrBaz above.

If your rude response was to my post about the Keningston charger, please note that the subject of this thread is 'Charging Solutions', not 'Solar Charging Solutions'.

I offered an alternative which works for me.

Forgive me if I offended you.

If you would even bother clicking the link, you would see that it isn't JUST a solar charger. :icon_eek:

MrBaz

Reaction score

mbrown1253

Reaction score

DougNg

Reaction score
I have a Solio solar charger. It works fine if you plug it into the wall, but a total POS when you leave it to solar charge. Takes forever on a sunny day, doesn't charge for $hit on a cloudy day. You wind up carrying around an extra cable to charge a solar powered device. Oh, and using your window to charge on a plane? The Solio is designed to stick on a window. You know what they call people who stick electronic devices on a window at 30k feet? Terrorists

FAIL