Charging problem

liquidpaper

Reaction score
Powered off phone at 19% The following morning plugged it in for just over a hour. The battery meter popped up to indicate it was charging. When I powered up my phone my battery was at 5%. Seems like the battery lost charge even though it was charging. Has happened in the past but has been occurring again recently. Any ideas? Thanks.

View attachment 55691

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Are you using the stock charger?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would try a hard reset by holding the volume down and power button for 10 seconds and let the phone reboot.

After it is back up power down the phone again and try charging. And yo are doing a full Power Off not just sleep mode correct?

OP
L

liquidpaper

Reaction score
Yes it was power off, not sleep. I did a hard reset yesterday but I charged with the phone on today. I'll do another hard reset and charge with power off tonight.

OP
L

liquidpaper

Reaction score
Not good.
Powered off at 56%
Plugged in, battery icon showed 60%
Time on charge 1 hr 45 min
Tapped vol, icon showed 90%. Unplugged
Powered on to battery at 33%
Battery or usb port going bad?

View attachment 55748

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Not good.
Powered off at 56%
Plugged in, battery icon showed 60%
Time on charge 1 hr 45 min
Tapped vol, icon showed 90%. Unplugged
Powered on to battery at 33%
Battery or usb port going bad?

View attachment 55748

I don't like the straight drop offs on the graph. USB(micro) are supposed to work for 10,000 cycles, not say they don't make a lemon or two. I'm leaning battery.

livengood13

Reaction score
Charge till 60%!

So i was home all day today and had my phone plugged in all night last night. When i woke up i checked my phone to make sure that it had charged after a couple of times that it had not charged over night. It was at 60%. Then i was on it playing games and then i went to do something so i thought that i would plug it in. about and hour later i when back in my room it was at 60% again! It just wont charge all the way! anybody have any help that i can use so i dont have to send it in!:sad:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
livengood13 said:
So i was home all day today and had my phone plugged in all night last night. When i woke up i checked my phone to make sure that it had charged after a couple of times that it had not charged over night. It was at 60%. Then i was on it playing games and then i went to do something so i thought that i would plug it in. about and hour later i when back in my room it was at 60% again! It just wont charge all the way! anybody have any help that i can use so i dont have to send it in!:sad:

There's a sticky that shows you how to calibrate you battery that's where I would start.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
liquidpaper said:
Update: A new usb cable has solved this problem

The problem with USB cables are that the standard ( big end) is only good for a lot less cycles (plugging in and unplugging) than the mini and micro plugs by 100:1.