charging problem

kenbiz

Reaction score
Hooked up my phone to the charger and light was flashing green then Orange. Phone ended up dying and wouldn't charge. Light started flashing Orange. Put a back up battery in for now. Does anybody know what going on??

Reaction score
same exact thing just happened to me. i unplugged my phone from the charger and it went black. i plugged it back into the charger and the orange light kept flashing. i got so scared cause i thought my phone was bricked but i left it in the charger for an additional 5 minutes and it went back on... scared the **** out of me.

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
Phone seems to be working fine now.. don't know what the problem was

chartle

Reaction score
Only time I ever saw an orange flash was when the battery was overheated. It was in a windshield mount in my car in the sun. It was also doing nav and pandora and charging. when I took it out of the mount it was very warm like too hot to hold.

I held it up to the air vent and everything was ok.

OP
kenbiz

kenbiz

Reaction score
Just did it again!!! Phone was hooked up to the charger. Had been using it for a while and was very hot. Phone just shut off and Orange light started flashing. Wouldn't charge. What the hell?? Took the phone apart put it by the a/c and 10 minutes later it worked. Is overheating a big problem with this phone? I'm going to Verizon tomorrow. this is b.s

Villainous

Reaction score
Today, my phone was fulled charged, 4 hours and 24 minutes later the battery was almost dead (5%) so i plugged it into the usb port on my computer, 10 minutes later i looked at my phone and it was at 1%, the icon showed that it was charging but it was still looking power. So i plugged into a wall charger, 40 minute later, it has not charged at all! I pulled the battery out, put it back in, left it powered off and plugged it into the charger, it took an hour to charge to about 40% then it stalled at 40%, would not charge any higher. so i plugged it into another charger, 5 hours later, it was only charged to about 90% and the moment i opened an app, i saw battery percentage drop about 3 percent immediately.

Ideas? thoughts? Commiserations?

3turner

Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me with the battery charge on Sunday. I had my phone charging and it was up to 100% and when I picked up the phone and took it off the charger the screen flickered and the battery indicator up in the status bar turned red. I plugged it back into the charger but it was not charging. To clear it, I did a battery pull. Since then.....I have not had any problems with the battery or charging.

As mentioned in another thread, my phone rebooted on its own that day and i did as factory reset shortly after that...but I cannot remember if this weird battery thing happened before or after the reboot and/or factory reset. I just remember all this occurring on the same day.

Big Cam

Reaction score
With that drastic of battery problems,I'd bring it in for a warranty exchange, I do not have any issues with my battery life.

johnacjo

Reaction score
This problem is experienced by almost all the phone users once. Sometimes it appears as full charging but there is no charging at all and when phone take excessive charge for operating it. This is problem also creates when the positive and negative terminal makes contact with each other.