Charging phone by wiring USB directly to phone terminals.

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by tiresharkdbb, Sep 30, 2016.

1. tiresharkdbb

tiresharkdbb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dont have a battery and i am trying to power this phone up so i can get data off of it. Many tutorials describe how to achieve this with a USB cable, but i cant get it to work.

I stripped one end of a USB printer cable, and hooked the red wire to the positive terminal, and the black wire to the negative. Tried plugging it into PC usb slot, and phone would not power. Tried plugging it into the wall outlet, and phone would not power. Used a multimeter to see if voltage was on the wires... the PC USB ports showed 5 volts, and the wall outlet showed 5 volts.

Any idea why the phone is not powering up when i am sending power to the charging terminals?

The phone is a Casio GzOne - model C811. Here is a picture of one with the battery exposed so you can see which terminals are positive and negative.

Here is a picture of my phone, and the terminals i am hooking the usb ports to.

2. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1,720
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    What is the voltage of a stock battery? If it's more than 5 volts most likely this method will not work. Or perhaps the main board on phone is shot.

Samsung Note 7.5

3. tiresharkdbb

tiresharkdbb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stock battery is 3.7 volts. Other people have said sending 5v may be bad for the phone, so maybe i can come up with something to drop the voltage down closer to what the battery outputs.