Charging Moto Droid?

Jumper2pilot

Reaction score
Will the Droid stay OFF when charging it? Every time I power it down or plug it in it powers up... I can not keep it OFF! I want to charge it on the off mode, can you do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad0w325

Reaction score
Turn it off before you plug it in. It should boot up with just the Motorola M displayed, but the phone itself will be off.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The design was to keep it on while charging. The assumption is that either you have it in either the home or car dock.

mach330

Reaction score
so is this really true? i have the same problem. i power it down, then plug it on, it powers on. i also tried powering it off while plugged in and it powers down, then goes on by itself. wtf.

on a side note..when powering it on, i can't make the "droid" sound go on either. i think i turned it off somehow before.

spazma7ik

Reaction score
If you would read the online manual, you would know that it says that when you plug in the phone, it WILL power it on.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The phone will power on whenever you plug it in.

HOWEVER, if you plug it into a computer and then turn it off. I believe the phone stays off while charging.

That is the only time the phone stays off while charging, otherwise it will turn on and stay on.

Also, please use the search function. This topic has been discussed many times.

OP
Jumper2pilot

Jumper2pilot

Reaction score
on a side note..when powering it on, i can't make the "droid" sound go on either. i think i turned it off somehow before.

If its in silent mode when you turn it off, it powers up in the same settings, am I correct guys?

daddyd302

Reaction score
Is there a reason why you insist on keeping the Droid off while recharging? It's not like it's gonna drain the battery while it's on. You always have the option to put the phone in sleep mode if you don't want the phone screen to be on.