Charging LED Not Working When Phone Off

gling

Reaction score
Yea, it was part of my feedback on the soak. I flashed back to .748 just to check (it worked again) to see if it was the LED not working. I'm back on .173 as the new updates outweigh the LED issue for now. It's kind of strange because it works for all of the notifications. Maybe they'll fix it on next OTA.

SallyC

Reaction score
Yup, just noticed it myself. Didn't realize there was a thread on it and asked the same question. Wonder if we'll get it back. I miss it.

ddfuji

Reaction score
I think nothing of.it. I have only noticed once were it was on but besides that I think nothing of it. It's just a light to me. If I want to know if it is charging I just unlock the screen and check the battery icon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ablank

Reaction score
Idk about everyone else but I use light flow in combination with smspopup and my led always worlds even with the new ota.

furbymac

Reaction score
What led are u talking about? I have never had an led come on when I charge my razr

Trash Can

Reaction score
What led are u talking about? I have never had an led come on when I charge my razr

Prior to the most recent OTA with the phone powered OFF while charging, you would see an LED indicating the battery's level of charge. Amber = charging, green = fully charged. There is no LED indication post OTA.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Prior to the most recent OTA with the phone powered OFF while charging, you would see an LED indicating the battery's level of charge. Amber = charging, green = fully charged. There is no LED indication post OTA.

Ahhh! That's what was meant by the charging LED. I almost never power off to charge, so I didn't experience it nor miss it.

OP
jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Idk about everyone else but I use light flow in combination with smspopup and my led always worlds even with the new ota.

I tried Light Flow and Light Flow Lite...it doesn't work on them with the phone powered off either.

ablank

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about the confusion bit I don't power off either as it is my alarm. But you are right prior to this update it was green when full and red when charging correct?

OP
jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about the confusion bit I don't power off either as it is my alarm. But you are right prior to this update it was green when full and red when charging correct?

Correct.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Only thing I see now is pushing the power button will bring up a cool battery meter.

SEABIFF

Reaction score
Battery Charging Issue-Droid RAZR

I went to unplug after about an hour+ and saw no charging took place. The battery charge (status) green "battery shape bar" on left had not changed; also checked batt levels info - unplugged and plugged into another outlet ---RAZR went back to normal charging behavior. I've since plugged back into the orignal outlet (power strip cord supporting two lamps and phone charger) and charging still won't work there. Note: it was working there for about two weeks (annoying and suspect). The point is you should check the charge status and troubleshoot.

Last edited:

SEABIFF

Reaction score
Charged Vs. Needs Charge-DROID RAZR

dancedroid

That is correct - red battery shape status bar (more like bright orange) when in need of charge and green when charging and charged.