Charging Issues Anyone?

realged13

Reaction score
I got my note yesterday, got it pretty much configured back to how I want it with a few more tweaks left.

Last night I went to bed and plugged my phone in and laid it on the floor to charge. Wake up and it's dead. So I plug it up again and lay it back down and it refuses to charge. I tried moving the cable around and still doesn't.

It seems crazy sensitive in to what position it is for it to charge. Has anyone else noticed this? This is really annoying that I have to babysit my phone to make sure it charges right.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i would return and get a new one mine charges fine no issues whatsoever even with the adapter now battery life hasent been good but i have been doing alot of downloading and setting up the phone i'll give it a few days

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
i would return and get a new one mine charges fine no issues whatsoever even with the adapter now battery life hasent been good but i have been doing alot of downloading and setting up the phone i'll give it a few days
I agree completely.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I concur. You "could" try a factory data reset (that's what your carrier will likely do, or have you do if you call them) but since it's brand new, return it now while there are still new replacement devices available for exchange.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

OP
R

realged13

Reaction score
Wanted to give an update. It appears it is an issue with the charger that Samsung included in the package. I took my Droid Turbo charger and put the USB-C adapter on it and plugged it up and it connects great. Doesn't matter what position I place the phone, it stays charging. So makes me feel much better about the device itself.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wanted to give an update. It appears it is an issue with the charger that Samsung included in the package. I took my Droid Turbo charger and put the USB-C adapter on it and plugged it up and it connects great. Doesn't matter what position I place the phone, it stays charging. So makes me feel much better about the device itself.
That's a relief to know it's not the phone. It sounds like it's a defective cable (i know, duh on me). If you haven't already, I would go to your carrier with the original charger and turbo charger to demonstrate the faulty charger and get the faulty charger replaced with a working one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited: