Charging issue with GB

wiz561

Reaction score
Hi!

I upgraded to GB on my Droid X a week or so ago by using the 3 zips here. I've been having a strange problem charging my phone using a Belkin Mini Surge Protector.

I have the one listed here...

Belkin Mini Surge Protector with USB Charger BZ103050-TVL

It's basically a portable surge protector with two USB ports for charging. When I plug my droid into it, it doesn't charge it and it just cycles the screen on and off. The "protected" light on the surge protector flashes...it's almost like I'm unplugging the surge protector and plugging it in every second.

Before GB, if we had the droid (froyo) and a iphone plugged in, the iphone would cycle. Unplugged the iphone, and things worked fine.

So, I'm wondering if anybody else have experienced any issues like this. It charges fine when plugged into my computer or the charger that came with the phone. Any hints, tips, suggestions?

Thanks!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Simple...use the chargers that came with the phone...or, make sure that the charger you are trying to use uses the same voltage/amperage output that the phone chargers use. Motorola phones tend to freak out when using off the shelf non-Moto chargers...:)

OP
W

wiz561

Reaction score
I'll have to end up doing that. It was odd that it worked fine with Froyo but not with Gingerbread.