Charging in the dock, weather won't display?

jthompsn

Reaction score
I put my Droid in the Dock at my desk at work and went through the simple set up for weather. The weather portion is still blank... what gives?

cisco0910

Reaction score
I would like to know also. I think it started with mine after the update. Not 100% sure on that though but was def working before

OP
J

jthompsn

Reaction score
I haven't received the update yet so I don't think is that. Do you need the Accuweather App or something?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I live in a remote area, and on mine I had to keep trying zip codes until one came up that has actual weather data. I am guessing there might be a connection to official NOAA weather locals. I did not try "my location" setting, perhaps this one will find the closest official weather reporting station? Just a bit of guessing here, but my home zip nada. The closest "big" town zip code got me working.

Craig

freeloader

Reaction score
same problem here. was working fine, but stopped ever since update.
edit: tried both manual and automatic detection. no dice.

OP
J

jthompsn

Reaction score
Well I just did a Manual search for New York City and it wasn't found, gotta be an accuweather thing...

acturbo

Reaction score
Nothing to do with the update mines been doing it ever since I got the dock on Monday and I do not have the update yet. Worked fine initially and it seems to be sporatic now.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
I use DockRunner and that happens to me on and off. It has no connection to the update (I have had it work and not work without the update) and it has no connection to the phone's data connection (when it's not working, I can still email/browse the web/etc.). I have no idea what's going on.

lemodular

Reaction score
Mine just came back on line, 4:50 PM EST

EDIT: location is not exact and I can not get it to find me either by Long and Lat nor by my zip (as it did before).

EDIT 2: now it thinks I'm in Chicago (where it's 7 degrees btw!!!)
I am actually in Florida (where it's 79 degrees)

Last edited:
OP
J

jthompsn

Reaction score
Oddly enough, my droid dock at home works fine and displays the correct city/town and weather. I'll update if I have the same issue again at work tomorrow.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
LOL I just checked mine after reading the thread as my wasn't displaying yesterday. Low and behold it's back (after the update), but is now displaying Chicago. LOL <I'm in Seattle.>

- Mega