Charging Extended Battery

Discussion in 'Seidio' started by KXMc, Jun 9, 2010.

1. KXMc

KXMc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new Seidio 2800 extended battery, and am trying to train the 'battery left' app to actually display proper battery life. I know Seidio says to charge 2-3 hours past full, and other places say discharge fully, then charge 14 hours. So, here is my (possibly stupid) question:

Do you have to do something special to get it to charge past full? Once the phone decides it is at 100%, and the white led by usb port turns off, does the battery keep charging? (I've seen lots of answers saying yes it turns off and yes it stops charging on other threads...) Ummm, I think that's it. I just want to fully charge the extended battery, even though the phone thinks it's full halfway.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I looked all over for an answer before I posted, so I hope I'm not annoyingly repeating an asked question.

Ken!

Oh, sorry, it's a Motorola Droid phone...

#1 KXMc, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. mtz_gto

mtz_gto Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I found to get a full charge I would have to restart the phone
    after it said it was full and it was drop back down to 80% and continue charging.
    Only then would I actually get a full charge on the battery.

Doing this makes the battery left application think that the battery has died calibrating the battery left application to read falsely when infact you were just
    restarting your phone to finish charging the battery. There is no way of getting
    around this...

I bought a $13 dollar desktop charger from amazon.com and I keep both batterys
    charged with me (Seidio & Stock battiers). Once one dies I pop it into the desktop charge and replace it with the other.

The calibration, time left/remaining, will never be true due to this.

#2 mtz_gto, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
Search tags for this page
does motorola spn5420 charge extended battery
extended battery says fully charged, not
how do extended batterys charge your phone?
how do you charge seidio s4
how do you fully charged an extended life battery

how to charge an extended battery

how to charge an extended life battery
how to charge extended batteries

how to get my motorola extended battery to charge fully

how to properly charge a seidio 3500mah battery