Charging app store to phonebill?

earle117

Reaction score
Is there a way to charge apps to the Verizon bill instead of a credit card? Thanks.

toddj

Reaction score
If there is I haven't seen it. Since the android market has little to do with verizon, they want you to use your google checkout account. I searched the help and found out that t-mobile allows direct carrier billing.
I don't see anything about verizon doing it. If/when they do I suppose it will be as easy as t-mobile is (when you buy it, you clearly see the option to "bill my t-mobile account").

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you purchase an app you're not purchasing from Verizon, you're purchasing through Google. The only way to do this is with a credit card on file.

I've also used Google to purchase other things on the web as well. It comes in handy, like paypal.

toddj

Reaction score
When you purchase an app you're not purchasing from Verizon, you're purchasing through Google. The only way to do this is with a credit card on file.

I've also used Google to purchase other things on the web as well. It comes in handy, like paypal.

I agree. I actually prefer the use of google checkout so I don't have to confer with my parents every time I buy a new app :p

OP
E

earle117

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I wish you could charge to the bill but I'll try out the Google checkout. I know the app market isn't really related to Verizon but I know of lots of stuff that allows you to charge to a phone bill that isn't necessarily related to your phone. I've just wanted to check out better keyboard since a lot of people seem to prefer it to the stock keyboard.

Once again, thanks.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I wish you could charge to the bill but I'll try out the Google checkout. I know the app market isn't really related to Verizon but I know of lots of stuff that allows you to charge to a phone bill that isn't necessarily related to your phone. I've just wanted to check out better keyboard since a lot of people seem to prefer it to the stock keyboard.

Once again, thanks.

One thing about the Market; if you uninstall a paid app within 24 hours, you'll get a refund. I don't think Verizon has that option with their apps.

BKS

Reaction score

Once again, thanks.

One thing about the Market; if you uninstall a paid app within 24 hours, you'll get a refund. I don't think Verizon has that option with their apps.

But if you buy a "Verizon" app, which you have to do through the Market...you're still technically purchasing it from Google so the refund policy would be the same....no?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Once again, thanks.

But if you buy a "Verizon" app, which you have to do through the Market...you're still technically purchasing it from Google so the refund policy would be the same....no?

Well seeing as how Verizon has no paid apps it would be kind of hard to refund them.

For instance, Visual Voicemail is an app by Verizon and a service you have to pay for but the app to use the service itself is free so you are more paying the fee for the service and not for the app itself. You would cancel the service through Verizon.