charging all nite

Shelbi1118

Reaction score
Is it ok to leave the phone on the charger throughout the night while listening to the radio so it stays charged? Ive noticed that in the morning it is very hot, and twice it froze up that I had to take the battery out which makes me think that I might be doing it some harm. Thanx everyone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have left my Droid on the charger every night since I got it in November of 2009. No issue yet.

I have not been playing music every night, but when I go on trips I do play music (mp3's with MixZing) all night and have had no issues with heat during those nights.

I assume you are listening to the radio via internet? If so, are using 3G or WiFi? You might consider listening to some mp3's via one of the music apps and see if that easier on the system.

And also, how hot is "very hot"?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to leave the phone on the charger throughout the night while listening to the radio so it stays charged? Ive noticed that in the morning it is very hot, and twice it froze up that I had to take the battery out which makes me think that I might be doing it some harm. Thanx everyone.

Are you rooted and overclocked? If so do you have your profiles set up properly while it's on the charger?

What concerns me is that it has "froze up" on you. Droid doesn't do that, so I think you may have an app that might be giving you some issues if it isn't the overclock.

OP
S

Shelbi1118

Reaction score
thanx for getting back to me. I have no clue if I am rooted and /or overclocked. I'm very new to Droid so Idk that much about it.Yes, the freezing up is what concerns me also. Would you be able to explain what that all means? Thank you

OP
S

Shelbi1118

Reaction score
yes, you are correct about the internet radio and i'm using the 3G. I cant use my wifi because I have satellite for my internet provider and they limit the bandwidth or I would be listening to it on my laptop. When I said it gets hot, I mean really, hot.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
wall charger?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stasis

Reaction score
thanx for getting back to me. I have no clue if I am rooted and /or overclocked. I'm very new to Droid so Idk that much about it.Yes, the freezing up is what concerns me also. Would you be able to explain what that all means? Thank you
If you don't know if you're rooted or overclocked, then you're not. :) Rooting basically means granting yourself higher level permissions (root access) to take actions and make changes on your phone that are not normally allowed, and if you're not rooted, you're not overclocked (CPU running faster than default, which generates more heat).

Sorry I don't have an answer to your original question.

Mitchellpaul

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. My phone was under my blanket and I rolled over on it in the morning and my battery indicator app told me my phone was almost 150 degrees. I let the battery cool down and haven't had any problems since.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"Do we really live in a world where people dont know how to spell "night"?"

Do we really live in a world where people don't know how to spell "don't"?