Charging a Droid in Europe?

AlexM

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I can charge my Droid in Europe using the standard wall adapter/USB cable (using a European adapter of course). I'll be traveling to Italy, France, and the UK. I'm not sure if the voltage differences are an issue. I'm also aware that I can't actually use my Droid in Europe, I'm just taking it for movies on the flight. Thank you for reading.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If you have a power convertor you should be ok, just set the input of it to the local voltage and the output to 110 (US). If you don't have a converter just take you USB cord and charge from a PC or in airports they should have USB outlets.

StephenH

Reaction score
If you have the standard Droid charger, you should be okay. The one I have has a tiny label on the end that has the USB outlet that gives the specs as "INPUT 100-240V~50/60Hz" which means that you will only need the proper plug adapter to use it in Europe (or virtually every other place on Earth).

Another option is that some laptop/netbook chargers have a USB port. You can use the USB cable from your Droid charger to connect to that. Most of them are auto-voltage, so you would just need a plug adapter. If the charger doesn't have a USB port, you could use a port from your laptop/netbook (if you have one) to charge also. USB is USB. It does not change between Europe and the USA.