Chargers/Cases

GreekPower

Reaction score
Is there a chance of getting a longer charger cord for my droid? That little 4 foot cord won't cut it. I need atleast 6 feet of cord. If I have to I'll just buy a usb > micro usb plug.

For cases, I LOVE rubber/gel/resin cases is there any for a droid yet? I have a hard case for mine right now and I'm not pleased with it.

Blaster

Reaction score
I got the Body Glove case for it... Its a really nice case that I would reccomend. As for the charger most chargers these days use the same port so any charger that size will work if you have one... if not go on the internet and try to find one... I have a car/wall charger that costed me 16 bucks and works great.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i would HIGHLY recommend ONLY using the OEM wall plug with your device. many people have reported WEIRD behavior using aftermarket chargers.

with that being said, you can use ANY micro USB to USB cable that you can afford/find. monoprice has really good deals on these cables and their product line is excellent.

Silver Member
Reaction score
extension cord? extension cable? just a get a longer micro usb cable. monoprice has them for dirt cheap.

R

racklefratz

extension cord? extension cable? just a get a longer micro usb cable. monoprice has them for dirt cheap.

To get another USB cable, I have to schlep all over town looking for one, or order and wait for one to arrive. Alternately, I go the easy route and extend the OEM power arrangement with an ordinary household extension cord available cheaply and **EVERYWHERE** locally. No brainer.

Akitakan

Reaction score
Order my 6 ft usb to micro cable through Momoprice.com. Under $2 and came really quick. Have had no problems what so ever.

OP
G

GreekPower

Reaction score
thanks looks like mono price will be getting my 2 bucks today :)

as for the bodyglove case, any pics of it? I would prefer a black case if possible

mbeatle

Reaction score
Order some of their USB wall chargers as well. They're like $2 as well and work with the Droid.

R

racklefratz

Order my 6 ft usb to micro cable through Momoprice.com. Under $2 and came really quick. Have had no problems what so ever.

Bully! But, if you ever have the need for a household power extension cord for something else in your house, will that coveted "micro cable" do the job? Didn't think so.

Thing about all this is, you people who think you're so smart buying all these extended USB cables are stuck with just that: a USB cable, which only works with computer connections. .......duh...

If you take my advice (all of you are smarter than I am) and just extend the danged thing with a common household extension cord, and you'll be able to use that for your Droid, and for anything else you ever need it for later. What about that don't you understand?