Charger issue

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just noticed tonight I plugged my charger into the outlet and it began making a high pitched noise it was barely audible but quite annoying. It goes away when I plug my phone in.

Has anybody else noticed an issue like this?
Could this explain why my battery life seems to be less than what I have seen others reporting?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wbernardez

Reaction score
That sounds like something is wrong with your phone, i.think u should bring it back to the store

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jnashr

Reaction score
I believe he is talking about the charger itself..not the phone. I noticed this earlier this evening after unplugging the charger...was making a buzz for a few seconds after it was unplugged from the wall (phone was not plugged in and had not been plugged in for several hours).

OP
B

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Yep... The phone itself is not making any noise it's the actual adapter that connects the usb cable to the wall outlet. I am worried that it could be Samsung my phone though, so im going to either go to my local store our call support tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

catfisher

Reaction score
My X charger used to do that right as the phone was plugged in. It wasn't hurting the charge time, the phone's ability to hold a charge, so I didn't consider it anything to be concerned with.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I notice this as well recently, but it doesn't affect charge time, it's like a small whine and it is very quiet. I think it's just the electricity running to the charger.

However, when I'm home I have my charger plugged into an extender and it doesn't make the sound. Only notice when it's directly plugged into an outlet, which I've done the past couple of nights as I was out of town.

mikekon

Reaction score
My charger piece did the same thing. I bought my phone at Best Buy so I took the charger piece back and they gave me a new one.

wbernardez

Reaction score
If you notice the charger is a regular charger that most smartphones have. If there's A problem with it bring it back

OP
B

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, going to go to the store today and see what they say. Might not be an issue, but don't want to risk it as it is quite an annoying sound and I noticed it still makes a lower pitch sound even when the phone is plugged in but it is more quiet and not annoying.

Also noticed last night after my phone charged ~10% the usb to outlet adapter was quite hot, so I took it out and am charging through USB atm. Is that normal? I do not ever remember my OG Droid's usb to wall outlet connector getting hot while charging.

OP
B

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Just wanted to update anybody who read this...

Ended up just calling support through the *611 number. Told them about the charger and they didn't really ask any questions just told me they'd ship me a new one.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Yeah mine and my GF's does it, exactly described the same by everyone else.

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)