Charge, x2 or t bolt?

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
I have to pick from these 3 only. It is free. I cannot select any other device.... ..which one would you pick and why? Tyia

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

woelda3000

Reaction score
Ive had the x2 and its a good phone it does every thing the bionic can do except 4G . Don't no much about the other 2 phones. Id go with a 4G phone just because its new tech.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Do you live in a 4G area? What else are you looking for in your phone?

Rhino94

Reaction score
I have the tbolt and its great phone. If u like the plasticy feel phones go with the charge its made very cheap and out of plastic mostly. The X2 is suppose to be pretty nice but once u experience 4G you won't want to go back to 3G lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kookk

Reaction score
Droid x2 is the worst, trust me. Screen is awful, it's laggy and I didn't have a good experience with it at all.

I have a thunderbolt now and I really like it. Does everything I need it to and it has a great dev community.

kparks

Reaction score
Tbolt is by far the best of them 3 the phone works great and I really like it.. great ui great camera & video good screen and its pretty fast..

kennydied23

Reaction score
It depends on what kind of phone suits you. The Droid X2 is a phone that comes with a dual core 1Ghz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, good build quality and has Motoblur, but it lacks 4g and has a locked bootloader (bad if you're into rooting and romming). The Thunderbolt is 4g, comes with a 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, has a great modding community (if you're into that) and comes with SenseUI, but has crap battery life from what I've read. The Droid Charge comes with a Hummingbird 1Ghz processor, has a very nice Super Amoled Plus screen, 4g, decent battery life, TouchWiz UI (iphone-ish) and an ok modding community but the GPS isn't the best, and it's a plastic phone, which bothers some people but I didn't have a problem with it when I owned it.

If you want in-depth comparisons, there's plenty of videos on YouTube you can watch.

Last edited:

billyberu

Reaction score
i couldnt be happier with my tbolt.i would recommend it.

86351lx

Reaction score
With all the tbolt recommendations you're getting, mine must have been a dud. It was laggy, the battery life was terrible, the screen was easily scratched, and I had endless data signal issues. I would never tell anyone it was even an ok phone

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
With all the tbolt recommendations you're getting, mine must have been a dud. It was laggy, the battery life was terrible, the screen was easily scratched, and I had endless data signal issues. I would never tell anyone it was even an ok phone

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Running bamf forever with imo's kernel and it's an entirely different phone from it's first few months on stock froyo. Very fluid, stable, no data issues, and while 4G is still a battery hog, even overclocked to 1.4 I'm getting a day+ with heavy-moderate use on the extended battery. About 7-8 hours screen on time, no wifi.

And I make the recommendation having spent time with all three phones. It's no contest.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Running bamf forever with imo's kernel and it's an entirely different phone from it's first few months on stock froyo. Very fluid, stable, no data issues, and while 4G is still a battery hog, even overclocked to 1.4 I'm getting a day+ with heavy-moderate use on the extended battery. About 7-8 hours screen on time, no wifi.

And I make the recommendation having spent time with all three phones. It's no contest.

Two things...tbolt ftw out of those three..... snd whoever said dx2 is a bionic minus 4g is *wrong Bionic is absolutely lightyears ahead of the dx2. Dont think anyone would argue that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Snow02

Reaction score
Two things...tbolt ftw out of those three..... snd whoever said dx2 is a bionic minus 4g is *wrong Bionic is absolutely lightyears ahead of the dx2. Dont think anyone would argue that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Motorola should hire you as a bionic advocate. I swear you do forum searches for "bionic" to make sure it's not represented as anything but god's gift to Android. :p

That being said, you're right about the dx2 comparison comment. Have a like. I don't give them out very often.