Charge vs. TB

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by elvis_marmaduke, Apr 21, 2011.

1. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I might end up upgrading sooner than later, or have someone else on my plan do so... I noticed the specs are a little lower cept the amazing screen... if I got it I'd mod the heck out of it, if they got it, probably no Modding. Thoughts?

You have just been post-pwned.
  2. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and I'm using a D2 right now, that's why my biggest concern is the hardware...

3. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    [​IMG]
  4. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see buying the Charge over the TB unless you just love TouchWiz. There specs are really similar; 1ghz processor, 4.3 inch screen; same cameras; both 4g. The Charge battery is only 50MaH bigger than the TB. The S- AMOLED+ might be nice, but for $300? I'm not so sure.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. illmatic636

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea, the difference in Ram and 6 gigs of internal storage is really the only significant difference's Specs wise.
    1K hummingbird processor
    Camera Specs

Anyone with a pleasant phone experience with Samsung?

I dislike HTC's method of opening the battery cover. Seems like you have to pull the phone apart. (little cheap feeling IMO) If you drop your phone, It appears to explode in to 12 difference pieces.
  6. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    samsung phones are pretty nice actually. to me, it was the fastest phone on android 2.1. just sucks Sammy got such a bad rap from no updating the galaxy S phones quick enough. i have a feeling the DROID branding will drive future updates more frequently. now it is just a matter of the hardware.

either way, it would be hard for me to justify the $300 price tag for basically the AMOLED screen. $250 for the TB with more RAM and enough internal storage to have me NEVER worry about running out of app room.
    That screen better be AMAZING!!
  7. DroidFan291

DroidFan291 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Currently I am using a Fascinate. I'm very disappointed with the lack of OS upgrade from Samsung, but I'm rooted and happy with custom roms.

That said, the hardware itself is great. The AMOLED screen is very nice (I use my phone as an alarm clock and only having colored pixels illuminate is a big deal). The phone is extremely thin and lightweight. I was going to get a TB until I held it and realized how bulky it is compared to what I have come accustomed to.

My current plan is to get the Bionic/Targa but with 5 lines I have multiple upgrades available and may try out the charge.
  8. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was planning on getting the bionic but now I have to wait a few more months? I've had my upgrade since September and was saving it for the bionic expecting a release right around the atrix...

9. vzwcooter

vzwcooter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm debating this one but I think I sm going to wait a little bit until the price comes down.

What is the benefit of this having ram and rom?
  10. illmatic636

Ratings:
    +2
    Rom is the (Operating System itself)

Ram is Random Access Memory.

There is not benefit. Without one there is no other.
  11. vzwcooter

vzwcooter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it has 512 for os only that leaves the other 512 for apps only right?
  12. awdwhip

awdwhip Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't judge the TB too hastly just based on the battery door and the fact that it's a little what you guys call "heavy". Take care of the darn thing and don't go dropping it everywhere you go. If the battery door breaks it only costs 4 bucks, big whoop. You already spent 250 on it so the price to replace the battery door once every blue moon should be marginal in cost.

Also, people who complain about the T-bolt being too heavy are a bunch of girls. To be realistic, if you can't stand to carry around a phone that ONLY weighs 6.3oz then you shouldn't own a smart phone.

Given the price difference, I'd choose the T-bolt. Better over all specs and more bang for your buck. Just my .02

FWIW, I compared the screen quality of my friends D1 to my T-bolt and let me tell you,the two are worlds apart ;) IMO, the t-bolt is WAY better.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  13. DroidFan291

DroidFan291 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So if you buy a laptop, you should only look for the heaviest one? Does that make them better? Well gee, I guess the ones made 10 years ago are superior to those now.

It is all a matter of preference. I prefer a lighter phone that can do all the same things as a heavier one. Name calling in a discussion only shows that you don't have a good argument :)
  14. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Although his response may have been out of line a tad, he has a point. Youre talking about the difference of an ounce or two...you can't even feel it. People just pick up a phone, and because it feels more solid, they think its going to pull their pants down to their knees. Laptops are measured in lbs...that's completely different. I went from a medium sized dell to a monstrous 17.3" dual hdd asus. The new laptop weighs like twice my old one. And while thats not a ton of weight, especially in comparison to my 250lb body, it is noticeable when I walk 1/2 mile to class with it. But a phone? You can't tell the difference. Personally, I prefer heavier ones. They just feel higher quality...and probably are because the manufacturer isn't skimping on the parts or using cheap plastic in place of metal when making it. I honestly think a lot of people want "light" because its cool. Like how the iphone was/is the thinnest phone out...who cares? I'd rock a zack morris phone if it had the best hardware!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  15. DroidFan291

DroidFan291 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm comparing the TB to the Fascinate I currently own. The Fascinate dimensions are:
    Size
    4.18” x 2.5” x 0.39”
    Weight
    4.16 ounces

the TB:
    Size
    4.75” x 2.44” x 0.56”
    Weight
    6.23 ounces

The TB is about 50% thicker and 50% heavier. You can certainly feel 2 ounces when you are comparing 4 to 6. It isn't that one's pants will fall off or that the two ounces will make your hand tired holding the phone, for me it is about what feels right. If all else is similar, I'd rather have a lighter phone over a heavier phone.
    It is all opinion and I would never take offense at someone have a difference of opinion. However, it is hard not to call someone out for acting like a child and name calling because they disagree.