Charge upgrade to S3 or Maxx

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Irreguardless of the benchmark...the s3 is only marginally faster....i came from the razr....the razr is noticably snappier and more responsive IMO....i still use mine in the dock on wifi for netflix..so ive gone back to back....with that said 4g/ back button aside i love the s3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I guess my family is an anomaly, we have all three phones.
I have a Maxx, my wife has a Bionic and my daughter the S3.
We all like our phones and would not trade for the other.
My wife like the feel of the bionic and the LCD screen. She doesn't like AMOLED screens.
I like the battery life of the Maxx.
My daughter like the speed of the S3.
We all get good signal at my house.

Buy the one that you like.

HomePC

Reaction score
I had the Rezound. I believe the Rezound's radio was just a tad better than the S3 I have now. But the S3 runs smooth. I don't like the cartoonish TouchWiz, but using a custom launcher (Apex) solved that. I imagine you can get some free themes from the app store also. I think the call quality of the S3 is better, but it sounds like it cuts out a little. Clear, but not steady. The Rezound was steady and good enough for clarity. The only problems I have with the S3 is that call quality is still questionable (I may change that opinion later) and it has done some phantom dialing. I called someone a few days back. They are no longer in my call history or anything. Twice, I've talked to someone else, ended the call, and my S3 dialed that older contact from a few days ago. Anyone else have that happen? The screen on the S3 is better in sunlight, but to be honest, when watching "True Grit" (the John Wayne version, of course) I thought the Rezound offer a better experience. It's screen is softer and not as grainy, IMHO.

HomePC

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the S3 feels VERY slippery in my hands. I'm scared to death that I'm going to drop it until I get a solid case on it. The Rezound felt great in my hand. Had some heft. Guess I'm old school.