Charge power off

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
Well where to begin.
Ive had this Moto Droid for about 3 weeks now and its bee a good experience.
Last night I took my Droid and plugged it into to charge.
It was on and locked but when I plugged it in to the mini USB the device I don't know turned on (even though it was already on).
So it power cycled on but when the pattern lock screen came on the screen was whacked (only word best to describe it).
I made the un-lock pattern and the lines went everywhere other then where I was touching the screen.
I turned it off and took the battery out waited 30 seconds and then re-inserted the battery and turned it back on.
This time I a app called WaveSecure came on (I installed it about a week ago to check it out).
I was forced to enter in my pin because I was locked out of the device.

Getting past that I started noticing sluggish behavior, and app's that normally setup upon boot-up were fc'ing all over the place...

Since this event its still a bit sluggish (but no where as bad as last night) and apps are still fc'ing but a a lesser rate.

I tried to scan a product in my local Wal~mart today and it froze up.
Right after, I went to call up the phone app and it took what felt like a hour but only was about a minute.

Anyone else have this or know what I need to do???
Its just not behavioring at a 100% as it did

Thanks

Last edited:

boatman2220

Reaction score
I'd suggest uninstall apps and go with the basic phone and see what it does the way it come out of the box. It's a pain I know but you'll see if it's a bad phone or a rogue apps that's not playing well with your phone. Hope this helps.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Your market downloads page will show you the apps you have either installed or updated in date order with the most recent at the top. You can use that as a rough guide to figure out what to uninstall.

I think "on and love" is supposed to be "on and locked" and you typed your post from a Droid with auto-correction on. Reminds me of all the comments in the market where people say they love this "apparently". lol.

Is there any possible way you could have shorted out the USB connection? Junk in the socket or plug? Left it in the bathroom while showering? Quickly brought it from a cold place to a heated room where it might mist up?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your market downloads page will show you the apps you have either installed or updated in date order with the most recent at the top. You can use that as a rough guide to figure out what to uninstall.

The only time I see that page anymore is when I'm updating an app. Other then that Verizon is there.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Is there any possible way you could have shorted out the USB connection? Junk in the socket or plug? Left it in the bathroom while showering? Quickly brought it from a cold place to a heated room where it might mist up?

Don't think that there's any difference between the living room temperature and the office temp.

Nothing in the mini USB and the bathroom is the one place that there isn't a phone.
:)

Phone keep locking up and then I the a fc message.
Just got a SMS via ChompSMS and the screens locked up... here comes the fc message.
Now this has happened 3 times since responding to this thread.

Frustrating...
I have deleted the first 6 apps, I didn't install that many over the past 2 days.

JayMonster

Reaction score

The only time I see that page anymore is when I'm updating an app. Other then that Verizon is there.

When you are in the Market, Downloads is now on the menu. (rather than where it used to be on Android 1.X, where Verizon is now on the bar)

JayMonster

Reaction score
I'm with Sleeve thinking something got shorted... or shocked, and that whole lot of data files got damaged or corrupted.

You could try removing an app or two and see if things get better, but if you are getting a lot of Force Closed messages, especially on stock apps, I'd suggest cutting your losses, and doing a factory reset and getting a fresh start.

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
If I reset the device will google sync reinstall all my data and app's?

I am new with this Android thing and on a Blackberry you can backup your app's with a 3rd party app....

How does it work here?

Thanks

JayMonster

Reaction score
If I reset the device will google sync reinstall all my data and app's?

I am new with this Android thing and on a Blackberry you can backup your app's with a 3rd party app....

How does it work here?

Thanks

Google will resync your contacts and mail, etc.

The data should remain intact on the SD Card.

Apps you will have to reinstall.

The problem in this case of backing up and restoring data, is that something is seemingly corrupt, and if that is the case, then a restoration will just put the corrupted data back into place.

You may still need to clear out some app data (as I said it will probably remain on your SD Card unless you specifically clear it), since that could be part of the problem, but I wouldn't blow away any data just yet.